cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Graphics Cards

ubik2008
Journeyman III

RX 5700 XT random crashes and reboots

Hi all, I have a MSI 5700XT Gaming X and I have been suffering that problem since almost day one.

I had to counter the temptation of scrapping it, since I clearly came across a weak chip. But of course given the current shortage I was forced to find a way out of it.

The main problem I found is the insanely high factory overclocking and overvolting the card comes out with. Mine had a clock of 2039 MHz and a voltage of 1200 mV.

Therefore using the Adrenalin driver's Performance > Tuning tab I started a trial and error down-clocking and down-volting process until I achieved stable operation (well, sort of...) at 1750 MHz and 1010 mV. As an added benefit, I also got about 6-7°C lower temperatures.

Note that, not casually, 1750 is the standard level the original AMD Radeon Navi chip is clocked at.

The rest of my rig is: Ryzen 5600X, Gigabyte X570 Gaming X, 16 GB of 3600 MHz T-Force Xtreem, Corsair RM850x. I run mainly FS2020, IL-2 GB, DCS World, i.e. pretty intensive apps, with a reasonably good performance even when settings are maxed out.

My 5 cents... 

0 Replies