cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Graphics Cards

luj
Journeyman III

RX 5700 XT Random Black Screens When Gaming

So there was already a thread on this, but it says to have the 20.4.2 driver installed, which is already the case for my pc. And this keeps happening. Brand new build, very frustrating. My CPU is i7, and motherboard aorus z390. Kinda sad to spend 700$ on a graphic card and have this type of problem 1st week.  I use 2 Dell monitor, 1st one is 25 alienware amd free sync and 2nd one is 27 Dell. I use 1st one as main. AMD can you fix your card please? This is infuriating, and pretty much happens every day. I have to reset my PC each time that happens...

0 Likes
2 Replies
luj
Journeyman III

Specs: 

• AMD Graphics Card
    • AMD RX 5700 XT
  • Desktop 
  • Operating System
    • E.g. Windows 10 64bit
  • Driver version installed
    • Latest radeon software
  • Display Devices
    • Alienware 25 Monitor - AW2518HF
    • Dell UltraSharp 27 Monitor - U2719D
  • Motherboard + Bios Revision
    • AORUS Z390 + BIOS AMERICAN MEGATRENDS Inc. F11
  • CPU/APU
    • i7 9900k
  • Power Supply Unit  Make, Model & Wattage
    • Corsair RM 850W ATX Modular
  • RAM
    • G.SKILL TridentZ RGB Series 32GB (2 x 16GB) 288-Pin DDR4 (x2) 4GB total
0 Likes
landolf
Adept I

Would be good to know what frequency your memory runs at.

Had a similar problem with a new build, sometimes there was still sound, but mostly it was just both screens turning black and an instant reboot.

After changing GPU for another custom 5700 xt, changing PSU to a 750 platinum and every tweak I could find (2 different PCIe-cables for GPU, set PCIe-slot to 3rd gen, since I use a x570 board, updated Windows, GPU drivers, reinstall drivers without setting any profile when installing, installing 5 different older GPU drivers and many more), I contacted AMD and told them what my problem was. 

For me, the solution was to change my memory. I have the 3800 xt which safely supports up to 3200 MHz, I was using 3600 MHz memory. After changing it in my bios to 3200 MHz, it was stable and the crashes were gone. I then changed to a 2x8 GB cl14 G.Skill Flare X, single rank (F4-3200C14D-16GFX) kit, got the timings a little tighter 14-14-13-28, so it was still safe according to DRAM Calculator for Ryzen. I even overclocked the GPU a little now, haven't had any problems since.

I hope that helps!

0 Likes