cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Graphics Cards

sikro
Adept I

RX 5700 XT PC reboots on APEX

For a week I've been experiencing PC reboots when I am playing APEX. I don't have many games, but I can say everything works fine on older games.

CPU/GPU Temps are within range, and I have tried the AMD GPU driver 20.3.1 (today) and 20.2.2 aswell as the 20.1.1 from 2019.

All seemed to work fine until I suddenly got these crashes.

My setup:

MB: B450 Tomahawk max

RAM: G.Skill Trident Z Neo F4-3600C18D-32GTZN
GPU: MSI Radeon RX 5700 XT Gaming X
CPU: AMD Ryzen 5 3600

I do see a pattern in event viewer around the times my PC reboots:

System Critical errors:

Critical: The system has rebooted without cleanly shutting down first. This error could be caused if the system stopped responding, crashed, or lost power unexpectedly.

Error: The atidgllk service failed to start due to the following error:
This driver has been blocked from loading

Error: The description for Event ID 1060 from source Application Popup cannot be found. Either the component that raises this event is not installed on your local computer or the installation is corrupted. You can install or repair the component on the local computer.

If the event originated on another computer, the display information had to be saved with the event.

The following information was included with the event:

\??\C:\Windows\TEMP\LiveUpdateAPI\AGT\atidgllk.sys

Application Critical errors:

Faulting application name: Radeonsoftware.exe, version: 10.1.2.1788, time stamp: 0x5e713cb8
Faulting module name: Radeonsoftware.exe, version: 10.1.2.1788, time stamp: 0x5e713cb8
Exception code: 0xc0000005
Fault offset: 0x0000000000412917
Faulting process id: 0x37e8
Faulting application start time: 0x01d5fe0b17ee28e2
Faulting application path: C:\Program Files\AMD\CNext\CNext\Radeonsoftware.exe
Faulting module path: C:\Program Files\AMD\CNext\CNext\Radeonsoftware.exe
Report Id: c13bea58-9c03-4311-aa21-3f7bb29cb7d6
Faulting package full name:
Faulting package-relative application ID:

I first thought it was my Dragon Center's Mystic Light that was causing it. However; I uninstalled Mystic Light and the crashes still occured. I received this error before I did that:

Faulting application name: LEDKeeper2.exe, version: 1.0.0.54, time stamp: 0x5e60a4c8
Faulting module name: atiadlxx.dll_unloaded, version: 26.20.15029.15007, time stamp: 0x5e713a3f
Fault offset: 0x00086d30
Faulting process id: 0x1ecc
Faulting application start time: 0x01d5fe0989d3f614
Faulting application path: C:\Program Files (x86)\MSI\One Dragon Center\Mystic_Light\LEDKeeper2.exe
Faulting module path: atiadlxx.dll
Report Id: e82a3706-d728-4563-b732-f3865a73c18e

I was really happy with my setup... And was able to play for hours. And now this. Any help is really appreciated!

12 Replies
andredroid
Journeyman III

same here... no fix with old driver!

0 Likes
sikro
Adept I

Just confirmed: This issue also happens with CS:GO. I am able to play Metro, Planet Coaster and MineCraft just fine!

I also sometimes see a warning:

The application-specific permission settings do not grant Local Activation permission for the COM Server application with CLSID

0 Likes

This looks like my problem with RX480 freeze. Sounds exactly like that (my videos):

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=25nk2YKAacg&feature=youtu.be

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=_52UOZHbo34&feature=youtu.be

ehhhh.jpg

I can't find fix..

0 Likes

Try undervolting the GPU via the settings.

0 Likes
adrian0380
Journeyman III

Hmm I do clean install older drivers and for this moment everything is ok. Maybe try this. AMD Cleanup Utility + install drivers WHQL from January for example.

0 Likes
sikro
Adept I

I am now undervolting the GPU via the AMD Radeon settings. I was able to play 1+ hours of APEX without any issues (litterly; none). This seems to work for me. 

I am having the exact same issue with my 5700 cards. What's the update? Have you been getting black screens lately? My Apex, COD and all other games give me the same black screen and will reboot. Please help me with this issue. AMD seems like they don't care anymore.

0 Likes
vnuevo
Journeyman III

I have exactly the same issue...

0 Likes
sikro
Adept I

I got this fixed by undervolting the GPU. When I change the mode to 'Auto - Undervolt GPU' I can play without a problem, for hours. Sometimes, after computer updates, the mode gets reset to manual and then the problem pops up again. Undervolting, again, fixes this.

0 Likes
landolf
Adept I

I had a similar problem with a new build, sometimes there was still sound, but mostly it was just both screens turning black and an instant reboot.

After changing GPU for another custom 5700 xt, changing PSU to a 750 platinum and every tweak I could find (2 different PCIe-cables for GPU, set PCIe-slot to 3rd gen, since I use a x570 board, updated Windows, GPU drivers, reinstall drivers without setting any profile when installing, installing 5 different older GPU drivers and many more), I contacted AMD and told them what my problem was. 

For me, the solution was to change my memory. I have the 3800 xt which safely supports up to 3200 MHz, I was using 3600 MHz memory. After changing it in my bios to 3200 MHz, it was stable and the crashes were gone. I then changed to a 2x8 GB cl14 G.Skill Flare X, single rank (F4-3200C14D-16GFX) kit, got the timings a little tighter 14-14-13-28, so it was still safe according to DRAM Calculator for Ryzen. I even overclocked the GPU a little now, haven't had any problems since.

I hope that helps!

0 Likes
marcelma95
Adept II

Were you experiencing startup issues as well? For me I am having very similar problems with my 5600 XT but for me the larger issue isn't crashing during games but crashing at startup. I have identical error messages but I am unable to see any specific program that has issues other than the LEDKeeper2 and other mystic light program.

0 Likes
marcelma95
Adept II

Below are the logs from the event viewer that i experienced. :

Application: LEDKeeper2.exe
Framework Version: v4.0.30319
Description: The process was terminated due to an unhandled exception.
Exception Info: System.NullReferenceException
at MSI_LED.CControl.ResetItem(Int32)
at MSI_LED.App.CloseAPP()
at MSI_LED.WindowToGetHandle.WndProc(IntPtr, Int32, IntPtr, IntPtr, Boolean ByRef)
at System.Windows.Interop.HwndSource.PublicHooksFilterMessage(IntPtr, Int32, IntPtr, IntPtr, Boolean ByRef)
at MS.Win32.HwndWrapper.WndProc(IntPtr, Int32, IntPtr, IntPtr, Boolean ByRef)
at MS.Win32.HwndSubclass.DispatcherCallbackOperation(System.Object)
at System.Windows.Threading.ExceptionWrapper.InternalRealCall(System.Delegate, System.Object, Int32)
at System.Windows.Threading.ExceptionWrapper.TryCatchWhen(System.Object, System.Delegate, System.Object, Int32, System.Delegate)
at System.Windows.Threading.Dispatcher.LegacyInvokeImpl(System.Windows.Threading.DispatcherPriority, System.TimeSpan, System.Delegate, System.Object, Int32)
at MS.Win32.HwndSubclass.SubclassWndProc(IntPtr, Int32, IntPtr, IntPtr)

Faulting application name: LEDKeeper2.exe, version: 1.0.0.67, time stamp: 0x5ed5f5db
Faulting module name: unknown, version: 0.0.0.0, time stamp: 0x00000000
Exception code: 0xc000041d
Fault offset: 0x07382d9b
Faulting process id: 0x21ac
Faulting application start time: 0x01d64aaa578eb16e
Faulting application path: C:\Program Files (x86)\MSI\One Dragon Center\Mystic_Light\LEDKeeper2.exe
Faulting module path: unknown
Report Id: 84bddcbf-08b6-4a68-acd6-9b84a1e95b1b

Faulting application name: LEDKeeper2.exe, version: 1.0.0.67, time stamp: 0x5ed5f5db
Faulting module name: unknown, version: 0.0.0.0, time stamp: 0x00000000
Fault offset: 0x07382d9b
Faulting process id: 0x21ac
Faulting application start time: 0x01d64aaa578eb16e
Faulting module path: unknown
Report Id: 652ed6d6-2743-4335-998e-540671712481

0 Likes