cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Graphics Cards

nightly23
Journeyman III

RX 5700 XT - Out of Range until Windows loads

I have an ASUS VX24AH 1440p 60Hz monitor. I can't access the UEFI or even see my motherboard's manufactur logo as my monitor displays "out of range". It's only until I see my name on the windows loading screen that my monitor will turn on. This is very irritating as I can't access the UEFI as the monitor won't display anything. This only happens on this monitor, my other monitor is fine. I'm using a HDMI cable (my monitor only has HDMI)

7 Replies
0xceed
Journeyman III

Dear AMD, same issue here, same monitor, 5700xt. another motherboard

also another monitors work.

0 Likes
ostraq
Adept I

Can this be FIXED at all?? I am experiencing almost the same issue. Always in the middle of the game (Battlefield V) screen turns black then "Out of range" pops up! Next step is HARD RESET - If I am lucky windows login will appear, if not, I have to use teamviewer on my smartphone in order to run/reinstall AMD driver and finally "wake up" the screen. Just like "nightly23" I also can't get into UEFI/BIOS. This is horrible...

Just few days ago I got this new RX 5700 card, before that I've had nVidia GTX 1070 = NO ISSUES what so ever! Alongside RX5700 I use Ryzen 5 2600, 32GB of RAM @ 2666MHz with CoolerMaster Silent Pro M700 and ASUS VX24AH.  (There are only 2 HDMI and 1 old VGA connection ports on the screen, so I always connect the graphic card through one of those HDMI's)

0 Likes
ostraq
Adept I

I got rid of my ASUS screen and got new one from LG. "Out of range" message is now GONE. I also installed fresh Win 10 on a spare SSD - everything goes smooth like it should, no "BF V" crashing what so ever on the aforementioned system, however when I reboot into my old/main WIN 10 installation problems still occur. Even-though I uninstalled whole bunch of programs I can't run games on this installation!

Sound like you have answered your own question. Regardless of where the fault lies, you Windows installation is likely corrupt and since you already know a new installation is working, I would suggest that you just get that new installation to your liking and hope it continues to work fine for you. Windows can be a very finicky thing and can be very hard to fix when you don't know what for sure caused the problem. The registry is very fragile. 

If you feel this is something AMD related still I would suggest you speak to AMD support. My guess would be though that they would tell you the same: 

Online Service Request | AMD 

0 Likes
ostraq
Adept I

A "Windows" can be very finicky??? Would not that apply to AMD? Windows works just fine with 90+ % of all software??? Wouldn't it be logical for AMD to make their own software compatible with OS in first place - not vice versa? My main windows installation (with regular backups) ran flawlessly for over 5 years so that's also another reason I would not blame windows for these issues. I also find strange that card "chooses" not to work properly with ASUS monitors - although, that might be fluke. To me it is clear that responsibility lies with AMD, I really hope that they will fix their software.

0 Likes
ostraq
Adept I

p.s. on this new installation I have literally nothing else installed but Radeon drivers package - not even the game, I run it from another SSD. If I wanted GAMES only system I would go for PSP or XBOX. AMD drivers and/or its program package is clearly picky/incompatible with lot of other stuff.

0 Likes

There is no doubt there is issues with the new AMD products. The large amount of complaints in these forums alone justify that statement. If you are not happy with the products I would suggest you return them. If you can't I would try to RMA the products. I would works with the support department of the company that sold you that product. Hopefully AMD can correct their issues over time. How long? No idea, my RX 580 still doesn't run at default settings 2 years later. I doubt it ever will as AMD has moved on to a newer architecture and likely will focus all efforts on it. All you can do at this point is either return it, RMA it, sell it or live with it. Its sucks but that is the options. Feel free to keep pestering AMD: Online Service Request | AMD 

0 Likes