Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Graphics Cards

raxyk
Adept I

RX 5700 XT not hitting max clock speed

Good afternoon,

So I just installed a PowerColor RX 5700 XT 8GB and tried it a bit. I did some tuning to the values, mainly reducing max clock speed at 1900 and undervolting it to lower temps. The issue is that I'm never getting the max 1900 clock speed that I was expecting. I launched Rise of the Tomb Raider and clock was going from 1650 to 1750 more or less, but FPS were just fine. Then I read somewhere that I should try to use VSR to 2K and clock speed increased by 50, hovering between 1700 and 1800. As I said the stability and running of the game is just fine, a casual drop to 1300~ but no stuttering or whatever, but anyway I'm surprised that the clock never hits the 1900 even at 100% GPU usage.

On a side note, FurMark is around 1700-1750, but never achieveing a 100% stable clock speed, just like in game. Temps are really ok tho, max I hit was 77 or so. Power Supply is also set to +50.

Is this something I should care about? It seems a bit weird that the card is not getting its max clock speed and that it's never a stable X value under load, although the numbers don't vary by much, mostly 20-30 up down etc. Maybe I need to tweak something else on Radeon? I'm using an I5-9600K so CPU bottleneck is clearly not an issue.

Thanks in advance!

1 Reply
Ordeli
Journeyman III

I got the same problem while gaming at 1080p, I did just overclock the target to higher and it does clock itself higher but it still stays about 50Mhz from the target.

0 Likes