cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Graphics Cards

bravosixniner
Journeyman III

RX 5700 XT no sound

I just bought an ASRock Challenger RX 5700 XT. The moment I installed it, it immediately interferes with all audio out on my entire motherboard. I have headset plug into the headset jack on the front of my case and USB powered speakers plugged into audio out on the back. I have tried every single solution suggested on Reddit and the net, nothing works. It's 100% the RX 5700 XT as the moment I unplug it and run my PC with no GPU all audio out immediately works. I plug in my old RTX 2060 and all audio outputs functions perfectly.

The moment I plugged in the RX 5700 XT immediately all sound goes out on all audio outputs and is replaced with a very very low ringing sound on all audio out and no sound what so ever from my whatever im doing on the PC.

I have checked and made sure mute is not on.

Disabled and re enabled the speakers in the sound settings.

Disabled and re enabled sound card in device manager.

Updated Bios, updated all drivers, especially RealTek drivers.

Checked and made sure HD Audio was enabled in Bios.

Unpluged and replugged in my speakers and headset. Verfied they worked by plugged into laptop and checked on same PC with RTX 2060 and no GPU with no problems at all.

Removed and reinserted GPU several times to rule out that it was loose.

Updated to latest GPU drivers.

Disabled AMD HD audio that comes with drivers.

Re enabled AMD HD audio and swapped to HDMI instead of DP and plugged speakers into monitor.

I'm guessing it's either poor quality control and maybe my card isn't grounded well or design flaw as I can trace back issue 100% to RX 5700 XT. As the moment I unplug the RX 5700 XT, no more slight low ringing on speakers and headset and my sound comes back. I plug back in my RTX 2060 and 0 issues.

1 Reply
shorterxp0
Journeyman III

Just putting this out there:

I am writing on behalf of my brother who has sound issues with RX 5700 XT also. I recommended him a very reliable PCIe sound card to use in his PC. Deafeningly loud distortionsbut persist periodically. They start off minor and gradually increase in volume until they are unbearable. It appears to be linked to fan / GPU usage. It turns off alltogether when the monitor to which the RX 5700 XT. is connected is turned off. It sounds like a choppy sound, like a helicopter. ITS LOUD.

In any case, sound problems seem to be a recurring issue with the 5700 XT, see this thread below where its suggested that this may be related to sub optimal PCIe 4.0 implimentaiton on the RX 5700 XT and can be resolved by specifying PCIe gen 3.0 in BIOS somehow.

5700 XT causes PCIe errors + sound stutter with PCIe sound card 

Another thread may/may not be related:

https://community.amd.com/thread/245447 

I have tested the sound card itself in another machine and the problem does not appear to be the sound card as it does not happen elsewhere when installed in other builds.

I hope AMD can clarify this matter,

0 Likes