cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Graphics Cards

masteroguitar
Journeyman III

rx 5700 xt no output signal

alright this is another post, I was having problems with my brand new rx 5700 xt. when i put it in there is no signal. 

here are all my pc specs.

motherboard ga ab350 gaming 3 rev 1

ram corsair vengeance 16gb 

power supply corsair rm 750x

proccessor ryzen 7 1700

ssd. for storage.

i dont understand what is happening. its seated properly i've updated my bios, the power connectors are correct, the hdmi cable isnt bad ive tried multiple times. i ran ddu to get rid of everything. i cant get into my bios with the card in because my processor doesnt have onboard graphics. i know everything works cause as soon as i take the card out and replace it with my gtx 1660 ti, it fires right up. im at a loss, everything says it is compatible.

there is nobody else on the internet that is having this problem so i need some serious help.

0 Likes
5 Replies
shamgar
Journeyman III

Any luck?  I'm having the same issue with a brand new reference RX 5700.

0 Likes
masteroguitar
Journeyman III

i did eventually figure it out, at first i thought it was my power supply. it was rated at 650 so i went and bought another one at 750 and that still didnt solve it. i did notice though that when i started my pc all the lights came on, and i would eventually hear windows sounds so i figured it was the graphics card. here was the solution, my monitor that i was using was a little bit old. manufactured in 2010, it was an old 1080p monitor. i decided to go out on a whim and plug it into my new samsung 4k tv. and the graphics card worked. i was able to start windows, install video drivers, everything. i then un plugged my tv and tried my old monitor, same thing no signal. for some reason it just didnt like my monitor. i went to best buy and got a lg 4k monitor for 180$ and havent had a problem since. the reason i know it was my old monitor is because when i use my new monitor and plug in my old one as a secondary screen it will work, but it is stuck in like 240x480 resolution, with nowhere in windows or the amd settings to change it. i have no idea what the heck happened, but that is the jist of it. try a newer model screen and see what happens. or go buy one and if it still doesnt work then return it. good luck, let me know what happens. cheers!

0 Likes

Thanks for sharing. 

I tried with two monitors and one 4K television to no avail.  I've scoured probably every forum on the internet that mentions this issue, and it seems that all of the suggested solutions didn't work in my case.  So, it does seem I got a DoA card.  I returned mine to Newegg, seeking a replacement, so I just hope the issues that I had are reproduceable when it gets evaluated for RMA, and that it wasn't just an issue with my MOBO.   Cheers.

Update: RMA'd it.  Got a replacement.  Great card

0 Likes

I just purchased mine from Walmart  Sapphire Pulse rx 5700XT and it says no signal. I am using Samsung 4k UHD 7 Series 2020 nothing display. I am using the HDMI port but the cable works fine with other devices. did you get yours solved?

0 Likes

Sorry man, I had to RMA mine.  Got a new one and I'm real happy with it.

0 Likes