Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Graphics

alseu
Challenger

Re: RX 5700 XT memory clock stuck causing high temps when idle

Jump to solution

Thanks for your response. Interesting, was it the same displayport cable you tried to connect both monitors with?
Meanwhile 19.7.4 driver - still high clocks for me. Fan is idling@1135rpm (was 700 in earlier versions) after 19.7.3 driver and that was a sneaky fix. My guess is that they know that the problem is here, but i'm afraid that it's their final solution unfortunately..

0 Likes
grifers
Adept II

Jump to solution

Same graphic card 5700xt, and same monitor. Same problems. But I cant select 100/120hz (freesync premium) on this card. My before Vega 64 can select.

0 Likes
shinkojiro
Miniboss

Jump to solution

Have you scrolled down to the memory section of Wattman to see what it says down below? For whatever reason they don't have the above section showing the 'current' sensor readings, the above section with the histogram only lists the either the peak or average of any sensor, no option for current.

For reference, Mine too is always @ 875mhz. I use Dual monitor setup, one at 1440p 144hz and one at UW1440p 100hz. Ive not tried any different frequencies to get it to drop, but I did customize my fan curve to idle a bit faster to drop those high idle temps. IMO stock fan curve is way too weak for these cards either way.

0 Likes
alseu
Challenger

Jump to solution

"Current" sensor readings are being showed in the graph itself above. Memory frequency readings are also being duplicated in the section below.
Looks like you as many others are affected by the bug. Would be nice if you could try to test a single monitor set up (each of your two monitors) and post your results. Also report it to AMD please so hopefully they will eventually aknowledge and fix the problem instead of making sneaky stock fan speed increases as they did in 19.7.3 driver.
I did customize fan curve as well but not for "under load" state (i am completely fine with the stock 2100 rmp value, the card is relatively quiet for me with it), i did it for the idle state where it sits at about 1200-1300 rpm which i didn't like. My settings are 2034mhz @ 1102mv (basically 100mv shaved off), power limit and memory clocks are untouched. These options don't change peak power consumption under load but give higher frequency compared to stock values and slightly lower temperatures (76-78c, 88-94 junction) which translates into ~5% additional perfomance.1.bmp2.bmp3.bmp

0 Likes
zaxcx
Adept I

Jump to solution

Thanks bro. Finally got that max memory down to 100. I change my refresh rate to 120hz. Also adjust the fan for about 30% and got a 36~38 degrees in idle. Hopefully amd fix this issue asap. Also I disable fast boot in bios and got wattman work properly. Their hardware is good but they are utilizing buggy software

pastedImage_2.png

0 Likes
alseu
Challenger

Jump to solution

I am glad it helped and i agree. Please, report about the problem to AMD directly so they collect more data and fix the issue faster :
AMD Issue Reporting Form 

Online Service Request | AMD 

grifers
Adept II

Jump to solution

I cant select 100 or 120 hz in my monitor with this graphic card (5700xt), in my lastest Vega 64 can select (freesync premium in my monitor), but now not. Or 144 hhz (with 875 MHz stuck memory bug) or 60 HZ (with 100 MHz memory, but a crappy laggy 60 hz)

0 Likes
microvivi
Journeyman III

Jump to solution

I have this problem with memory clocks in idle desktop windows with 5700xt. The power consumption is 35w in idle for problem memory clocks. In 100hz monitor memory clocks down to 100mhz but in 120hz or 144hz clocks keep to 875mhz.

0 Likes
alseu
Challenger

Jump to solution

19.8.1 no changes so far
Have opened support ticket running, keep getting advises such as to use DDU, to improve my case cooling, to use radeon chill and to disable enchaned sync that i've never used
Latest was to install 19.4 driver while Navi cards support starts from 19.7 

0 Likes
microvivi
Journeyman III

Jump to solution

Hi. mmmm I think the problem it's in freesync 2. I have disable freesync with 144hz and the memory clocks down 100mhz and power consumption down 8w-10w.

0 Likes