Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Graphics

luna
Adept I

Re: RX 5700 XT memory clock stuck causing high temps when idle

Jump to solution

Don't turn this thread into a discussion of which company is better, I love AMD, but this card gave me only headaches. You do what you have to do and I'll do the same.

I already tried everything and the only thing that works is CRU. If the problem still exists with Nvidia nothing will change, I will be using CRU like I am now.

Have a good day sir.

0 Likes
shinkojiro
Miniboss

Jump to solution

You're trying to do that yourself. You can return the card but every card you try with multi-monitor is going to elevate the memory clocks at certain frequencies unless you alter monitor settings. Your comment was utterly pointless here, and filled with ulterior motive by "suggesting others do the same".

0 Likes
nordvargr
Adept III

Jump to solution

I don't have a multi-monitor setup and my 5700XT still elevates the memory clocks @75Hz refresh rate in idle.

I haven't noticed similar issue with my previous GPU (RTX 2060 Super).

0 Likes
shinkojiro
Miniboss

Jump to solution

144hz single monitor has memory downclocking for me. An earlier post shows that it is very likely the settings that are being set for the specific monitor. Using CRU to change them may help.

hardreset
Adept III

Jump to solution

I made a quick video of the temporary fix of this problem

YouTube 

0 Likes
stegcon
Journeyman III

Jump to solution

I have also been having this issue but i'm capped at 200 Mhz with a single 60hz monitor I have changed the Hz and tried overclocking too but it hasn't helped.

0 Likes
Matt_AMD
Community Manager
Community Manager

Jump to solution

I checked with the product team and their feedback is that depending on specific display configurations (resolution and refresh rate combinations) and background tasks, RX 5000 Series GPUs may maintain memory frequency to ensure an optimal user experience. This behavior is expected and does not impact the RX 5000 GPU in any way.

View solution in original post