Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Graphics

hawkeye
Adept III

Re: RX 5700 XT memory clock stuck causing high temps when idle

Jump to solution

I also have a sapphire pulse 5700 Xt and would like to know how come a card that sells with zero rpm feature has this problem on 144hz ? That feature becomes useless with a 144hz refresh rate. Maybe you should inform your board partners to write zero rpm feature doesn't work for 144 Hz monitors than !! And to write that in big letters on the GPU package so that I know and don't buy it ! And I think all AIB cards have this feature, only AMD reference cards run the fan all the time and it doesn't matter for that cards.

Also I can fix this bug with CRU and set my display to 143 or 142 hz and the problem is gone. 2 hz makes such a difference ?? Talk to somebody else at driver engineer team because that person who said that this is expected behavior is clueless.

koszalek
Adept III

Jump to solution

it is the fault of the wrong drivers for the monitor that windows allows you to install, amd knows this problem and will definitely fix it

0 Likes
crusi
Adept II

Jump to solution

but when?? this problem exists a half year (a lot of people report it every day in many forums)

and even now it's not listed in the new 20.1.3 known issues driver release notes!

0 Likes
koszalek
Adept III

Jump to solution

I had the same problems, I bought a monitor from 2019 and AMD certified, all problems disappeared

0 Likes
crusi
Adept II

Jump to solution

mine is also from 2019 --> Acer Nitro VG0 VG240YUbmiipx

here the specifications if it helps:

Acer Monitor.jpg

0 Likes
andrard
Adept I

Jump to solution

I can confirm what koszalek said. I had the problem with the memory not downclocking too but after i bought this monitor everything was fine at 144hz.

0 Likes
crusi
Adept II

Jump to solution

but to let buy everyone a new monitor can't be the solution!

0 Likes
hawkeye
Adept III

Jump to solution

koszalek wrote:

I had the same problems, I bought a monitor from 2019 and AMD certified, all problems disappeared

You must be joking...so to solve a driver bug we must buy a new monitor...

I have an Acer XV272U and guess what ? It is AMD certified. Search it on AMD certification page and you will find it. It is a 1440p 144Hz monitor and I bought it in 2019.

I also have an older AOC G2460VQ6, 1080p, 75Hz monitor and it has the same issue on 75Hz but works fine on 60Hz. And no, I don't use both of them at the same time, I only tested the AOC to see if it works with that one.

BOTH are AMD certified and the memory clocks stay at 1750MHz. So if you got lucky with your monitor doesn't mean that amd certification is the issue...don't send people buying new monitors based on that !

1.jpg

2.jpg

0 Likes
hawkeye
Adept III

Jump to solution

Also AMD has bugs even on their certification page....I put a screenshot above with my acer xv272u and AMD says that it's a TN panel...and it's not ! It's a IPS panel. How can you fix bugs in your software when you can't even list correct specs for a monitor that is certified by you ? I must be having a bad dream...

https://www.displayninja.com/acer-xv272u-review/ 

0 Likes
koszalek
Adept III

Jump to solution

I know that, but as you can see there is a problem with the monitor drivers and it shouldn't be like this, you can try to change the monitor settings via CRU

0 Likes