Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Graphics

hawkeye
Adept III

Re: RX 5700 XT memory clock stuck causing high temps when idle

Jump to solution

Yeah I hope they fix it soon.

On the other hand i installed the new 19.12.2 driver and my custom 142Hz timings no longer worked, i was greeted by a input not supported on my screen so yeah after another wasted two hours i found another set of timings for my monitor.

I repeat this only works for my Acer xv272u monitor but it may inspire you to tweak it with your own timings idk hope it helps somebody:

navi.jpg

Also i found out that if I put a custom resolution in radeon settings I'm limited to 6 bpc color depth and that is a big NO for me. So that's why i use CRU because i can keep my 8bpc color depth.

0 Likes
geraider
Adept I

Jump to solution

The custom resolution workaround with 74hz or 143hz instead of 75hz or 144hz does not work anymore with the latest 19.12.2 2020 driver for my screen. I had to roll back to 19.12.1 that still allows this workaround.

Very poor this "expected behavior", I wonder if anyone at AMD actually cares. It is a bug, not a feature! So fix it damit!!!

nordvargr
Adept III

Jump to solution

Well, I think they should care, because this issue is compromising one of the most important features of modern GPU's, namely: Fan Stop.

0 Likes
veyron
Journeyman III

Jump to solution

Before the patch 19.12.2 when watching videos on YouTube, the Memory clock was 200 MHz, now 1750 Mhz. Do they do it on purpose?

0 Likes
hawkeye
Adept III

Jump to solution

I never get minimum clocks on memory when watching videos or even when scrolling in browsers the clocks jump up and down and settle down only when there is nothing moving on the screen. It was this way even with the previous drivers.

However they definitely did something within the drivers regarding memory clocks 'cause my workaround didn't work with the new driver. Hopefully they try to fix this and not make it worse.

0 Likes
grifers
Adept II

Jump to solution

19.12.3 and problem still present .

5700xt and Benq EX3203R

nordvargr
Adept III

Jump to solution

I still can't use my monitor's native refresh rate (75hz) without causing memory clocks to be stuck @1750Mhz.

I think the only way to fix it is to switch to team green.

0 Likes
xcoool
Adept II

Jump to solution

120hz doesnt work, 60hz doesnt work. And no my Vega 64 never had problem.

Nor rtx 2080.Only gtx 1080 for a while but nvidia fixed it.

0 Likes
geraider
Adept I

Jump to solution

Well, as it was said at the end of this thread, AMD does not even think about fixing this.

And as the workaround does not work anymore with the new drivers, I will be doing a workaround to Nvidia soon.

hawkeye
Adept III

Jump to solution

The workaround works you just have to go lower...it's working fine with 140Hz for me. But I understand your frustration if you want to sell the card and buy Nvidia. This is so classic AmD to make a good product with good hardware only to have BAD software that controls it. First generation ryzen also had a TON of problems in the first year related to bad Bios and chipset drivers...

0 Likes