Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Graphics Cards

andre77
Journeyman III

RX 5700 XT Green screen FIFA21

Hello,

Posting this in a new topic despite this is a "known issue" because in FIFA using Origin i dont see anyone with similar issues. This is strange because it is basically the only game i face this problem.

When i play FIFA21, some horizontal stripes start apearing and flashing randomly, minutes later it start to be more common and it ends with a green screen/card crach generally with the Wattman message

my setup is PSU 650W, CPU ryzen 5 1600 OC to 3.6GHz, 16G RAM. I had a GTX 1060 and the game run without issues

I tried several drivers install allways with  clean install using DDU,

I have tried install drivers without Radeon software,

Tried PSU conection with 1 cable splited (8pin + 6pin) and 2 cables (1 8pin + 1 6 pin).

I tried alterntive voltage config in Radeon tool

I reeinstaled the game and tried diferent settings.

The issue seems "solved" just after the actions and i can play several hours, but it allways appears again.

I use the graffic with other more demanding games AC:Valhalla (also some green screen but not frequent), WD: Legion, Godfall and Cyberpunk and i dont have similar problems.

It seems some kind of imcompatibility with the drivers. Anyone facing similar problem in FIFA21?

These green screen seems a "known issue", i only think strange that i dont found anyone with the issue in this particular game.

0 Likes
3 Replies
SpiritOf90s
Journeyman III

I have a Gigabyte 5700 XT Gaming OC. I have the same problem. 20.12.1 WHQL version installed. I had no problems with any game other than Fifa21
0 Likes

@SpiritOf90s 

For your issue, try downloading DDU from: Display Driver Uninstaller Download version 18.0.3.6 (guru3d.com)

And grab driver 20.8.3 from: AMD Radeon™ RX 5700 XT Previous Drivers | AMD

Install DDU, disconnect from the internet, reboot into safe mode, remove the AMD GPU driver with DDU. After reboot, stay offline, install the 20.8.3 driver, it will reboot. Stay offline, go into the Radeon settings and disable the auto update feature. Now you can go online. See if that fixes it. 

If not, follow the instructions in the previous post I gave to @andre77 . Your issue seems more driver related, since it's only one game and it's a green screen only, no corruption. 

"It worked before you broke it!"
0 Likes
mackbolan777
Forerunner

Try not using the OC. Try the card in another PC or a different PSU. Test your RAM with: MemTest Manual (hcidesign.com) to 800% coverage or overnight. Did you try driver 20.8.3? That's the most stable version for 90% of owners. Check temps and fans for GPU, CPU and case. Is the card OC'ed? Might need to change some settings like add +12Mhz to the VRAM. Move the 3 clocks to within 100Mhz or so of each other. Drop to 1950-1905Mhz as the highest clock. If none applies, you probably have a bad GPU. 

"It worked before you broke it!"
0 Likes