cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Graphics Cards

encore2000
Journeyman III

Rx 5700 XT Green screen and reboot

Hello, I bought a new computer 1 month ago then I find an issue green screen crash after a while pc reboots. I can't play a game, 3D modeling, Sometimes I watch youtube videos this issue still occurs. 

I don't know how to solve the issue please help me.

Specs:

CPU : AMD AM4 Ryzen 7 3700x
MB : B450 Steel legend
GPU : PowerColor Red devil Rx 5700 XT
RAM : Kingston 16 GB DDR 4/3200 HyperX 8*2
HDD : WD 1 TB blue
SSD : SAMSUNG 970 EVO PLUS 500 GB
PSU : CORSAIR RM750 - 750W (80+ GOLD)

Windows 10 1909

Radeon 20.4.1 driver

0 Likes
10 Replies
giras06
Journeyman III

have same with my 10 days old rx 5700 xt Red devil green screen and buzz sound and restart dont know what to do

0 Likes
xirombinha
Adept III

Sup man! Welcome to the boat. It's been a while since AMD GPU users are suffering from many kinds of bugs.. almost all of them are adressed to a continuosly bad coded adrenalin 2020 which AMD hasn't still figured out how to solve them. yeah! 

Try to use the search engine you'll find some topics related/some ways people have managed to workaround.

0 Likes
muckelpuh
Journeyman III

Like both of you I have the same issues with my brand new Powercolor 5700XT Red Devil. I thought I got a faulty device and received a replacement one last week. But even with the replacement-card I am getting green screens with reboots all the time. I have tested different drivers (20.4.1, 20.2.2, 20.1.4, 19.12.2, 19.12.1). It seems to be less often with 20.2.2, but this is a just a feeling.

My recommendation: Inform AMD about your problems here: https://amd.com/report

Hopefully they will fix the problem with the next driver.

0 Likes

well i change new hdmi 2.0 and for now like 5 days no issue

0 Likes

You had no crashes since you changed your HDMI-Cable? I will check this out.

0 Likes
iorangex
Journeyman III

People I want to ask a question to me, what happens to me is that I played Assassin's Creed 2 and also brotherhood, and with these 2 games you owe a lot from time to time, it throws a screen at you and marks me as a PC, with a locked sound, and the only way to stop it is by turning off the pc forcibly, this is something that has to do with the gpu, or with the drivers, it is to stay calm, or send it to rma. My board is a msi mech RX5700XT

0 Likes

what is y our psu and try change hdmi 1.4 with 2.0 had almost same issue like u also u can try fresh win install i have atm 2004 ver. with new drivers 20.5.1 or try at forums for your gpu model which driver version

gl

0 Likes

I have a gigabyte g750h plus gold font, probe with the 20.4.1 drivers and with the 20.5.1 and with the 20.4.1 it seems to me that it happens less, I will try with the hdmi 2.0 as you say, probe with the wattman leaving it as stock as well as undervolting the 1900mhz and 995v card. My graphics model is a msi mech 5700xt

0 Likes
giras06
Journeyman III

after new hdmi and new drivers 20.4.1even 20.5.1 no issue till now of all at deafult settings no Oc..

0 Likes

After moving to hdmi 2.0 and having the 20.4.2 drivers, I had another green screen, and I had to restart the machine to start it. This already has me, I don't know if it's the graphics or the driver, I'm stressing with this ya .. I hope it is the controller and not a gpu problem ... I never buy something amd again.

0 Likes