cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Graphics Cards

malarky345
Journeyman III

RX 5700 XT games crashing + bsod constantly

Hello, I have been having this issue since I got the card December 2019. A lot of games will simply just close out without giving an error, and more than half of the time it will simply blue screen. I do not think I have been able to go a single day since I got this card without some sort of crash. The latest BSOD was IRQ_not_less_or_equal. I have gotten many different ones, but that is the most recent one I can remember. Before I got my 5700 XT, I had a GTX 1060, and playing the same games I never had any issues like this. I should also add that about 80% of the time, these issues are happening with Call of Duty: Modern Warfare. I would just leave it as that game is horribly broken, but this does happen with other games that I have never had issue with when I had my 1060. Most recently in Sekiro, which crashed 4 times in only 2 hours. 

I have tried using DDU to clean install drivers

I have installed the latest stable and the latest test drivers

I have reset all of my BIOS settings to default

My GPU is not being undervolted or overclocked 

All of my Adrenaline settings are set to default

Here are my specs. Maybe something is conflicting with it?

Current Driver Version: 20.4.2 (same issue with the test version 20.8.1) 

Version: 10.0.19041 Build 19041

Mother Board: Z370XP SLI

CPU: Processor Intel(R) Core(TM) i7-8700K CPU @ 3.70GHz, 3696 Mhz, 6 Core(s), 12 Logical Processor(s)

GPU: Sapphire Pulse RX 5700 XT (same issues happened with other models of the 5700 XT) 

PSU: EVGA 750 BQ

RAM: Corsair 16GB (2x8GB) 2400MHz DDR4

If you need any more information, please let me know. I am at wits end. 

0 Likes
1 Solution
mstfbsrn980
Grandmaster

There is no problem with the GPU anyway. Your processor is not stable. You should try to fix the problem by resetting the BIOS.

View solution in original post

3 Replies
mstfbsrn980
Grandmaster

There is no problem with the GPU anyway. Your processor is not stable. You should try to fix the problem by resetting the BIOS.

Well, I tried this the day you recommended it and everything seems to be running smoothly. Though in the past, There have been periods of time where things would go well and then it would start crashing again after a while. I will reply again if that happens, but so far it seems like my issues have been corrected. 

For anyone else with the same issue, I reset the BIOS by clearing the CMOS. I used the method of shorting out the CLR_CMOS pins on my Z370 mother board and after I rebooted I havent had any crashes in 24 hours. 

koszalek
Adept III

hi this problem can be caused by windows 10, i had a similar problem in 2004 and now i have version 1909, also you can try 1908 and blue screen can cause Use hardware acceleration in browser as well as discord how you use it.

0 Likes