cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Graphics Cards

e610
Journeyman III

RX 5700 XT Game crash/black screen when loading map/joining game.

Like the tittle says, my game keeps crashing to desktop and sometimes I just get  a black screen while I am joining a match. The game in question is Quake Champions. I can move around and change settings in the main menu just fine, the crash only occurs while the game is loading a match. The only way I can actually play is by having discord and Firefox disabled.

I have tried reverting drivers to recommended versions uninstalled using DDU , I have tried version 19.12.1. I have also reinstalled Windows.

Hardware:

CPU:      AMD Ryzen 7 3700X

GPU:      Powercolor RX5700XT Red Dragon

Mobo:    GIGABYTE X570 I AORUS PRO WIFI

RAM:      G.Skill Trident Z RGB 3600MHz

SSD:      Kingston A2000 1 TB

PSU:      CORSAIR SF Series SF750

0 Likes
2 Replies
amiconretrotv
Journeyman III

I have a 5700 XT with the same problem, black screen, crashes ... fix it since it can be a bug, disabling the acceleration by application hardware, internet browser, discord etc etc since it uses the GPU and it seems be that there is a bug there that they have to fix it. I deactivated the hardware acceleration of the internet browser and my discord and fixed the black screen problems, crashes, blockages ... try doing the same friend.

0 Likes

Alright so I tried this and it definitely did something. So now I can actually get in a game and play but it crashes sometimes mid-game, and when it crashes it also crashes my discord. I can never play 2 games in a row because it will 100% crash while loading the 2nd match. So now I can at least play 1 match then restart the game and play another one. So thank you!

0 Likes