Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Graphics Cards

olieg
Journeyman III

RX 5700 XT Freezes and Stuttering

Hi all

My System has some weird microfreezes and microstutters sometimes. I tried different Adrenaline Versions, updating BIOS, reinstalling Windows and nothing helped:

Specs:

-Ryzen 7 3700X

-MSI MPG X570 Gaming Pro Carbon Wifi

-Sapphire Nitro+ RX 5700 XT

-32 GB Corsair Vengeance RGB (4x 8 GB) 3200Mhz

-Samsung 970 Evo Plus NVMe PCIe M.2 500GB  (in the second M.2 Slot)

-Samsung 860 QVO 1TB

-Corsair RM 750

1 Screen with 144 Hz and one with 60 Hz.

It only happens sometimes but it happens in game as well as just using windows.

Does anyone know what I can do to make it run smoothly?

Thanks in advance##

5 Replies
ademk28
Adept I

What's the exact model for your RAM?

0 Likes

I see... are you running an XMP profile on those RAM sticks? If so, use only 2 sticks of the same set and place them in the correct order depending on your motherboard. Set the XMP profile and see if the problem still persists. Usually the RAM goes into A2 and B2 slots in ASUS motherboards. So one stick goes into the 2nd slot from the CPU. And the second stick goes into the fourth slot from the cpu. It’s important to run dual channel memory when using XMP unless it’s rated for all four sticks and verified by your motherboard manufacturer. But your RAM kit however is a dual channel mem kit. Which is rated to run only the sticks it comes with using XMP profile. Using four dimms and running an XMP can be the cause of your stutters, likely need to tighten timings and lower the frequency or vice versa. Of course voltage would need to be set to a much higher state to run stable. You can use MSi afterburner to test for stutters in game. You can also check memtest86 for RAM errors. 

0 Likes
blitz
Adept II

I have the same card and get game stutters and freezes up to a few seconds ive tried everything.

ghosty445
Journeyman III

Same card, Same issues. I assume its down to the frametime stutter this card seems to suffer with sometimes they are quite large spikes.

Makes no difference if I run at 120hz or 60hz, freesync on or off