cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Graphics Cards

d00m_g4m3r
Adept II

RX 5700 XT FreeSync stuttering

I use a Gigabyte RX 5700 XT Gaming OC with a Dell FreeSync 2 HDR 32" 1440p 165Hz gaming monitor. 

Since i had this monitor with 5700XT i never was able to use it with "FreeSync on" because each time i use it i have huge stuttering in games. With FreeSync disable and "enhnced sync on" all works fine, without stuttering and tearing. I test it with all the drivers, non of them works well, i have the same problem all the time. I seen lots of users having this problem too. I`m not the only one.

Why is not working ? When will you guys fix this problem ?  

0 Likes
5 Replies
mstfbsrn980
Grandmaster

https://www.amd.com/en/support/contact-email-form 

Report to AMD support team with the part numbers of the GPU and the monitor and the problem.
You can be more effective if you record the problem with a good mobile phone and share it with AMD team.
So ... If there is a problem with the driver, the AMD engineer can solve the problem with the driver update with the bug information (s)he receives from the support team.

0 Likes

I will do that. 

0 Likes

You are an experienced forum member. I want to indicate that. I had a similar problem. And in less than a month, they fixed my problem with the driver update. AMD did not care so much about user reports in the past...

0 Likes

i report the problem from driver at bug report, i hope they fix it in next drivers updates

0 Likes
jtrox
Journeyman III

I have the same problem with an RX 5700. It has been a year and still no FreeSync without eventual flickering and stutters. I was literally only a few minutes late to Micro Center yesterday to get a 3060ti before they sold out. I figure a year for AMD to fix it is more than enough. I can sell this bad boy for more than I paid. Works fine for someone who doesn't have or want to use FreeSync, or maybe with a different monitor it will work. But if it is that inconsistent then they need to tighten the FreeSync specification so that many people don't have these issues. I uploaded a link to video a couple weeks ago to the bug reporting tool now that they have option to provide link to cloud storage.

0 Likes