cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Graphics Cards

joew9
Journeyman III

RX 5700 XT FPS issues

I am having an issue with lower then expect frame rates in Fortnite with the RX 5700 XT from Asus. 

Even at the lowest graphics it seems to remain at an average frame rate of 190. I have seen hundreds of videos on youtube with similar gpus and cpus maintaining well over 300 fps at low settings. I have confirmed all settings are set to the lowest, and still seem to be averaging about the same. I have made sure I have the newest updates for both windows and the gpu. I attempted all of the set settings that both AMD and Asus (overclocked, undervolted, ect.) have for the gpu and they do not seem to be helping with the lower frame rate. I have tested my system with userbenchmarks and it seems to get in the high 90 percentile. 

I am hoping there is something I am overlooking instead of being no fix to this fps average. I have spent a large amount making sure that 240 FPS was the end goal only to average 50 frames less. I am new to this so  I apologize if part of this seems uninformed, but that is why I am here asking for help! I went with the cheaper motherboard and cheaper power option (for the time being) but from everything I have seen states that these should not significantly impact performance. I have considered flash updating the bios but have not looked into this too much. If anyone knows any secrets I may be missing please let me know!

Ryzen 5 3600x

Asus RX 5700 Xt 8g

Radeon RX 5700 XT8 GB1605 MHz1905 MHzPCIe x16Silver

ASrock B450m Pro4

I have a foreign brand RAM 16gb 3200 (every test I have ran shows this in the 80th percentile)

IPSG 550W 80+ FIXED ATX PSU (Directly copied from reciept)Is it possible that the weaker power supply affect this? It is set at ultra performance and does not seem to be affecting anything.

I would appreciate any help I can get as I would really like to have my FPS closer to the 240 mark I was expecting at such low settings.

1 Reply
alseu
Challenger

Hello
When you are playing this game at low settings with your system you are CPU limited almost all the time and lower than expected framerate you have isn't related to the graphics card.
I watched several videos of the fortnite gameplay with competitve settings (low everything, far distance, 1080p) made on similar to yours systems and on nearly best currently existing systems (overclocked i9 9900k) and none of them could maintain even 200 fps at all time during real gameplay. It's possible to get well over 300 frames per second in this game when you run in an unpopulated area, but it isn't possible to maintain that high framerate during the fight with a significant amount of players nearby.

Perfomance that you have looks normal to me 

Please check this fortnite comprehensive perfomance overview on Sapphire Technology yt channel. It will most likely answer most questions you asked here
Fortnite Chapter 2 - Performance Overview - NITRO+ RX 5700 XT @ 1440p - YouTube  

Capabilities of your powersupply can't lower framerate in games. But i would run some benchmarks stressing CPU and GPU at the same time (ex. OCCT) to make sure that you have nothing to be worried about since on paper your PSU has lower specs than recommended by AMD for your system.

Userbenchmark has a very bad reputation of a biased and unreliable source, i would not make decisions regarding PC perfomance based on results there

Good luck

0 Likes