Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Graphics Cards

DigiTriXe
Journeyman III

RX 5700 XT Dropping frames while watching Youtube

I am just disappointed in AMD.

In Dezember of 2019 i bought an RX 5700XT Strix and had problems with it artifacting. After 10 months i finaly got my money back and i decieded to wait untill the new Nvidea and AMD GPUs launched. As you all know the launch was abysmal. I said to myself Cyberpunk is comming out and i need something better than a GTX 1060 6GB for it so i gave AMD another chance with the RX 5700XT but this time the RX 5700 XT Red Dragon. I just installed it in my rig on the 21.11.2020 and tryed some games. Hitman 2, Escape from Tarkov, and some Halo reach just to test the Card. It was flawless... at least i thought it was. I decieded to watch some Youtube and to my disappointment it was stuttering like a 6 year old who is holding a lecture. I looked up the stats for nerds option on there and it said 521 frames droped of 1604. 

i am thinking of returning the card and waiting until i can get a 3080 

I dont know why it is happening if someone knows a fix please let me know

My specs are

CPU: Ryzen 7 3800x

GPU: AMD RX 5700 XT Red Dragon

RAM: 3600 Mhz DDR4 16 Gig

PSU: 750 Watt 80+ Gold from EVGA

MB: B450M from ASROCK

Storage: 1TB NVME 970 Evo from Samsung and a 2 TB harddrive

0 Likes
1 Reply
Ledd
Journeyman III

Dude, I feel your pain. I honestly don't know what's going on because the 5700xt has enough VRAM to be running 2k with impressive graphics but I get frame drops often. I don't know if there's something on my end to unlock more potential but all in all this card is not holding up like i need it too. I have an Intel I9-9900 though so maybe there's miscommunication somewhere?

0 Likes