Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Graphics

lr888
Journeyman III

Re: RX 5700 XT Crashes

There is an issue with compatibility between the drivers and the hardware

on certain GPUs. I ended up RMAing and it worked plug and play.

0 Likes
ineedstable
Journeyman III

A More DEBUG

0 Likes
arusran
Journeyman III

I support this post by reposting.

shotdead
Adept I

Got my Sapphire 5700XT Nitro+ last November and not a single driver has fixed any of the issues ive had, black screen, 116 BSOD, total system hang generally followed by a total shut down.

Others have been waiting since July! how has AMD allowed this issue to go on for so long? What does AMD need from us consumers to get this sorted? ill post anything if it helps. regardless this is a huge mess up that has ruined alot of trust in AMD for alot of people.

Please AMD fix this, overall Its a great card but no "saving" or "price/perfromace" will stop what alot have already done after becoming totally fed-up, returning there AMD cards to get a nVidia 2060 or 2070, cause you know they acctually work...

itscrucial
Journeyman III

I had this issue and tried everything, narrowed the problem down to being the graphics card and the drivers, So I thought hey some people arent having this issue with their 5700XT so ill just buy a second one and see how it goes. My first card was an Asus Strix, this card is a gigabyte. Currently I have returned both cards because they both have had the same issues. Black screens in multiple games, random stutters, when waking the pc from sleep I get a static + audio bug which requires a full restart. All This on multiple driver sets, reinstalled windows multiple times on multiple drives, benchmarking the cards time after time. To be completely honest this entire generation of AMD's cards is a disappoint from a pure software standpoint. Im not going to wait months and months for AMD to get something together that should have been sorted before launch. Especially when that means if they never do ill have an out of warranty card or past the point of return. It makes it worse because at this point if I want a new card im forced to feed into the hands of Nvidia which is more money for less performance. Sad really. Your best bet is to genuinely suffer through owning the card and praying they fix this soon. Or going back to the 10 series cards. Im going to do the ladder seeing as how ive never had an issue with the many Nvidia cards ive owned/used from that generation, and i refuse to jump through a million hoops to fix a product i paid 400+ dollars for its purely unacceptable. Best of luck to you and your card! 

fajrifauzan
Adept I

that's major issue with AMD 5700 series right now.. overheating issue, rendering issue, and driver issue..

The division of gpu in AMD is very bad although they cpu division very nice..

0 Likes
lr888
Journeyman III

Yes, very frustrating and not pleasant.

I ended up having to RMA. And the newest Windows tested drivers.

Bought it for a good price, but after hours of troubleshooting, not sure I

got a good deal.

It's working now. Good luck to you.

0 Likes
koszalek
Adept III

hi, uninstall the latest win10 ubgrade as well as amd chipsed driver
0 Likes
landolf
Adept I

Had a similar problem, sometimes there was still sound, but mostly it was just both screens turning black and an instant reboot.

After changing GPU for another custom 5700 xt, changing PSU to a 750 platinum and every tweak I could find (updated Windows, GPU drivers, reinstall drivers without setting any profile when installing, installing 5 different older GPU drivers and many more), I contacted AMD and told them what my problem was. 

For me, the solution was to change my memory. I have the 3800 xt which safely supports up to 3200 MHz, I was using 3600 MHz memory. After changing it in my bios to 3200 MHz, it was stable and the crashes were gone. I then changed to a 2x8 GB cl14 G.Skill Flare X, single rank (F4-3200C14D-16GFX) kit, got the timings a little tighter 14-14-13-28, so it was still safe according to DRAM Calculator for Ryzen. I even overclocked the GPU a little now, haven't had any problems since.

I hope that helps!

0 Likes
shotdead
Adept I

I have tried my ram at the recommended 3200 (ramspec), 2933 (ryzen 2xxx rec') and 2133 (base clock no XMP) and made zero difference

0 Likes