cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Graphics

hundreds100
Adept I

RX 5700 XT constant driver crashes

Hey so I recently purchased a RX 5700 XT Sapphire Pulse edition, and I am having constant driver / system crashes. I have reinstalled my graphic and chipset drivers to no avail. The crashes constantly result in my screen going black and the application crashing or hanging forcing me to use Task Manager to end them. It is really frustrating when I am playing games only to be interrupted by these sorts of crashes, especially in competitive games like Dota 2. Is there any fix I can try for this or must I wait for new drivers.

Thanks!

Specs:

R5 1600

Sapphire Pulse 5700 XT

16 GB Corsair Vengence 3200mhz DDR4

MSI B350M Mortar Arctic.

Radeon edition: 19.8.2

36 Replies
capt_negev
Adept I

Re: RX 5700 XT constant driver crashes

I Have The same Problem

Amd 1800x

ASUS ROG Radeon RX 5700 XT OC

Asus Crosshair vi wifi latest bios

lg 21:9 75hz freesynk screen

Adrenalin 2019 Edition 19.8.2

0 Likes
kinooutlaw
Adept I

I had Sort of the Same Problem but only with Amd Software it would Freeze and I would have to use Task Manager to close it and reopen was really frustrating when you change 1 setting and have to restart to change another hoping it saved.

I installed drivers using DDU all the correct steps etc with no luck at all ended up doing a clean install of windows and it fixed my problem! Guess Windows didn't like me Changing from Nvidia Hardware to AMD Hardware!

I'm not sure this will work for you because I'm getting the feeling your system is unstable and it is not the graphics card or Graphics Drivers!   I'm guessing it is a memory problem because sounds similar to a problem I had with recent memory that required me to manually set everything in the bios to get it stable even though it read the XMP profile it just wouldn't work for crap and there was always something that wasn't right like Command rate getting changed to 2 even though it should have been 1 and it works for a while then be something else only way I could never get it to stay stable was hard setting the numbers in the bios and now its fine!  Turning on xmp or game limit options never worked yea I could load into windows everything seemed fine but certain games or task it would happen a Black Screen and I had to restart the game or whatever I was doing by closing in task manager. 

I could be totally wrong but wouldn't hurt to a Stability test on your memory! If your memory fails the stability test you found your problem.

Any kind of self auto clocking option on motherboards is crap and not worth using they can change from boot up to boot up.  MSI-Game Try It and Game Try it limit are crap!!!!!!! NOT SAYING you are using but worth a shot if you are still having problems to try anything I would in your shoes! Stability Test everything Rule it out!

0 Likes
capt_negev
Adept I

my system was fine with my vega no mem test is needet only change was from vega 64 to 5700 xt

0 Likes
kinooutlaw
Adept I

Did you ever run a mem test when you had the vega in? If not, It doesn't

mean anything you could have had the problem then but just never noticed

because of its different architecture and it didn't access the memory like

5700xt does that showed its unstable and causing it to crash.

Either way doesn't hurt to run a test! if you run different stability test

and it only crashes on GPU its graphics cards(send it back) if it crashes

on memory its memory if it crashes on something else it that! Not like it

would hurt anything to test. Doesn't mean jack because it worked before my

system was working just fine until I installed new hardware and found my

memory problem worked with old didn't with new until I set it upright. If

you're not willing to figure out what is wrong maybe you should just RMA

the card try a new one if that works you fixed if not guess you should try

figuring it out or just put the vega back in it seems to work with unstable

setup.

0 Likes
bryan93
Adept I

Me too as soon as I launch a game my computer restarts for no reason;( I think these graphics drivers or am I wrong?

0 Likes
chandtavirs
Adept I

I too have the same issue. 

Specs:

CPU: Ryzen 7 3800X

Mobo: Gigabyte Aorus x570 Elite WiFi

RAM: 16GB Gskill Tridentz 3200MHz

Intel 660p 2TB m.2 nvme drive

GPU: Gigabyte Rx 5700 xt Gaming OC (driver version 19.9.2 which is the latest one)

PSU: Season 650W 80 plus gold

The gpu keeps crashing/black screens in games (Shadow of the tomb raider, forza 4 horizon, Gears 5, etc. at any preset) with the dxgi error device hung message. But I'm able to run Furmark benchmark with the 1440p preset without any issues whatsoever. I did a fresh install of windows, uninstalled drivers using DDU and installed the latest one multiple times. At this point I'm out of ideas. Please help.

bryan93
Adept I

My computer only restarts.

catbox
Journeyman III

I'm also getting video driver crashes.

Some windows I have will go black or my whole screen will go black.  Sometimes it come out of it but usually I have to reboot.

R7 3700X

Aorus x570 Elite

Gigabyte 5700 XT 8GB OC

chandtavirs
Adept I

Same issue here. Running out of ideas. GPU works fine on another system. Tried a different PSU as well, but no change in the results.

0 Likes