RX 5700 XT BSOD WHEA_UNCORRECTABLE_ERROR

SETUP:
Intel core i7 9700kf 3.60GHz

Motherboard Colorful Battle-Ax Z390AK Gaming V20

2x 8GB Crucial Ballistix Sport LT 3000MHz 

Asrock Radeon Navi RX 5700 XT Challenger D 8GB GDDR6

SSD Kingston A400 480GB

HD Seagate Barracuda 2TB 7200RPM

I bought this setup altogether 2 days ago, set it up yesterday and when booting trying to install or update drivers for the graphics card it always came to a point where it crashes and goes to BSOD WHEA_UNCORRECTABLE_ERROR. Crashes are extremely more frequent when booting from the SSD. Tried running a clean install from windows and still crashes.

The machine runs fine with another graphics card in it (tried my old GTX 650 and it worked fine), and the RX 5700 XT runs perfectly on my brothers setup (i5 8600k, Aoros B360 Gaming 3). I believe it has something to do with the BIOS settings but the store said they updated the bios and tested the entire setup before shipping. I'm not sure what's the problem.

Any help would be appreciated.

0 Likes
16 Replies
zentex
Journeyman III

Same thing for me.

Brand new system

Asrock Fatality x470 mITX, 3.3 Bios Version

Ryzen 3600

2*16 Crucial ballistix sport 3000 Mhz

As soon as I install the drivers there's the same BSOD (Whea uncorrectable error)

As soon as I restart with the drivers installed it crashes as soon as I hit the windows login screen.

The GPU runs fine on my old system with drivers installed.

The new system runs fine with old GPU (GF 970)

I doubt there will be any help incoming here though as I've seen multiple posts with this issue and zero replies.

0 Likes
philtech
Adept I

Hey guys, another one trying to fix his problems with a new purchased RX 5700. just built my new rig with this specs:

AMD Ryzen 3600X 

Asus Rog Strix X570-F Gaming

Corsair Vangeance RGB Pro 16GB 3200MHz CL16

Gigabyte RX 5700 Gaming OC 8GB DDR6

BIOS just got flashed to the latest version before windows was installed. Then tried to install all drivers and guess what? The BSOD said hello when the graphic driver installation setup was round about 50%. Struggling with this problem for a few days now and I tried almost everything I could find about this issue in google, except of switching pcie-4 to pcie-3 in bios. Heard this could cause some trouble with windows since it doesn’t know what to do with pcie-4. U couldnt find any option to change that in the BIOS... Still waiting for a driver that actually works, even after the one that was released yesterday. Still BSOD..... 

0 Likes
mstfbsrn980
Grandmaster

What is your PSU? Is OC exist? This error usually relaated by CPU (so mobo)...

0 Likes
hugonogueira
Journeyman III

Forgot to update here. I tested my machine with another set of RAMS, and after with another GPU (GTX 1080) and the error kept appearing on both situations. My problem clearly wasn't the GPU. I already spoke with the shop and i'm sending my machine back. It's problably bad BIOS update or faulty PSU, since the mobo is chinese and rarely used is western society, i thought it was better to just send it back and get another one.

philtech‌ You're not the first one having issues with that mobo. I suggest you switch it with the shop while you still can. Sucks, but it's better than being stuck with incompatible parts.

0 Likes

If you don't have OC, you did it right. I have previously stated that the problem is not GPU-related.

0 Likes

Had absolutely no OC, it was a new machine and i was just trying to make it stable. PSU was Aerocool KCAS 600W.
Won't try to save money on the mobo this time, ended up costing me a month with no functional system and a lot of stress, lesson learned.

0 Likes

There are two reasons for this problem for your system. PSU 12V is insufficient. Or the motherboard cannot adjust the CPU core voltage. Test the system without overloading GPU. If the system can pass to test for half an hour with Prime95, new PSU solves the problem.

0 Likes

I already talked to the store about returning it and we've already scheduled the pickup. Everything is already packed and i've put my old machine back together. Unfortunately I can't test it anymore. I did run some CPU stress tests as well as GPU stress tests while trying to solve the problem, just not for that long.

Thinking about putting a Corsair VS650 650W as PSU on the next machine just to be sure.

0 Likes

Annotation 2019-10-20 142213.png

750W PSUs are ideal. Choosing a PSU higher than 50A reduces problems.

0 Likes

Where can i find this type of information online?

0 Likes

You can search with Google.

0 Likes
philtech
Adept I

My PSU is a bequiet! Pure Power 11 600W

I recently tried every single driver that I could find on the amd page for the RX 5700 Gaming OC. I even tried the driver detecting tool that they provide on the page, which should detect the best driver to run your system stable. Even with this tool the system restarts in the middle of the install setup, and ist stuck in a reboot loop giving BSOD with infos like WHEA_INCORACTABLE_ERROR or VIDEO_SCHEDULER_ERROR.

I tried to update windows before installing any mobo chipset or gpu driver, still BSOD. Sometimes the system boots windows, but it’s not even close to be stable. CS:GO starts in the background and theres no way I can open it. Did not try any other games, cause I already know it won’t work. GPU-Z shows only half the information and the card gets so hot, about 90 degrees. When I start my system, the 3 fans of the gpu go up to 100% of speed, is that usual? What do you guys think? Return the RX 5700 or the X570-F? Or just on of both? Or hold on and wait? 

600W PSU may not be enough for your system. Uninstall the graphics driver in Windows safe mode with DDU and test your system with Prime95 without installing the display driver. If the half-hour test is successful, the motherboard is probably in good condition. So a good PSU will be good for your system. But your system may need 4+4+4PIN CPU power cable. So you might need a much better PSU.

0 Likes

Okay, thanks again for the reply!!  Since there is only a 8 Pin CPU Connector with this PSU and no 4 Pin, it could really be that the mobo doesn’t get enough power. I will try to get another PSU with more than 600W and that 4 Pin connector after work. Will reply as soon as I tried

Alright, just talked to the technical support from the shop where I got it from and he said the PSU should be more than enough, since 600W is the recommended power from both, the RX 5700 and the X570-F. The last two things to try before returning it will be an bios gpu update and enable the xmp profile for my 3200MHz RAM in the AI Tweaker. If the problems still appear, I should return the RX 5700, that’s what he said. 

0 Likes

600W on paper is enough and WHEA_INCORACTABLE_ERROR error is generally unrelated to GPU. VIDEO_SCHEDULER_ERROR error is related to GPU. I suggest to you do Prime95 test for half an hour. It is difficult to make inferences without testing the system.

0 Likes