cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Graphics Cards

oshu
Journeyman III

RX 5700 XT black screen

I'm not sure what may make this problem occur but when I open most games, and the one I have opened most recently takes up around 80-90% of the GPU. I meet the minimum and recommended requirements by far so I'm not sure what the solution is. The problem is that after anywhere between a few seconds and around 10 minutes of gameplay my monitor goes to a black screen, it does not turn off it just has no display. I am able to Alt+Tab out and then I can see my desktop and other applications, but only sometimes; and, also sometimes the monitor's HDMI signal is lost even though it is plugged it. Is this a problem with the cables, the GPU, the monitor?

0 Likes
1 Reply
nhawan
Journeyman III

Usually if monitor times out it could be the communication between the gpu and monitor is lost through the hdmi connection. Check what refresh rate is setup in Windows display properties since some monitors may lose sync if a game or windows runs at 59Hz instead of 60Hz for example. Maybe also try a different cable.

You can also try setting a custom resolution with the correct refresh rate (60Hz) in the AMD display settings.

0 Likes