• MSI X470 Gaming Pro Default Bios have not updated it
  • CPU/APU
    • Ryzen 5 3600
  • Power Supply Unit  Make, Model & Wattage
    • Antec VP700P Plus
  • RAM
    •  16GB Ram

ISSUE

I recently purchased this card and is brand new.

My issue is as follows.

When I start my PC daily It works perfectly fine for work and other tasks like browsing.

When i want to play a game and open it the screen goes black and monitor loses signal.

I can still hear the game in background. If i minimise the screen the monitor reconnects and i can see my desktop.

If i open game,or alt tab back into the game i get the same issue.

If i restart the system the games open up fine and graphics card works perfectly. No other issues what so ever and i can game continuously for hours on end at max GPU ussage.

I also noticed if i open up game in window mode it works and then i can resize it back to full screen and no issues. But only for that game and i have to do the same for every other game unless i restart my system.

It seems that this is due to a driver perhaps not loading properly on system start up? 

But not sure why this would cause games that open in full screen to cause monitor to lose signal.

Should i wait for a fix because its driver related?

Or request a refund because its hardware related?

Thanks Guys

3 Replies

The issue you describe sounds like a power issue. It can be a power supply not giving the GPU enough power. It can be a bad GPU. Or you may just need to change some settings that help the card run more stable. I would try raising the power limit slider in radeon settings to it's maximum and see if that helps. 

Okay I doubt it's a power problem. Reason I say this is wouldn't the issue happen when gpu is at full usage? Also I just noticed if I disable free sync in Radeon settings the game starts up fine.

So it seems to be a free sync issue. 

If power related wouldn't I be experiencing problems while gaming instead of when opening games on system startup? 

0 Likes

at full usage is when you have a power ceiling issue. When it doesn't have enough power the screen goes black or any number of other solid colors and you will still hear audio in the background. 

However you are the one asking for help not me so by all means dismiss any advice you like without trying it. 

0 Likes