cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Graphics Cards

RX 5700 XT Black screen/no signal, HDMI audio related?

Everyone is well aware of the black screen/no signal issue with these cards, and there is also a well-known problem with the HDMI audio as well. Could the two be related? I've noticed that after a black screen/no signal the game audio will be slightly different when the screen comes back up. I've noticed this for a while but with the latest 20.3.1 drivers this seems to be kicked up a notch. In one game it did the black screen thing a couple of times and then there was no audio after it came back up.

Is anyone else that is experiencing black screens also using HDMI audio? If so, do you notice any sound changes after a black screen? It might be just slightly louder or quieter or the way the sounds are produced sound slightly different (like going from Dolby surround to dts).

0 Likes
2 Replies
lawal06
Journeyman III

I have this problem for quite some time. gigabyte rx 5700 gaming oc. At the beginning this problem was when I included dx12 APIs in games. A black screen appeared after 20-30 minutes of the game and the sound completely disappeared. Therefore, for several months I played on dx11 and other graphical interfaces. From time to time I checked on new drivers whether the problem with dx12 disappeared, no, it did not disappear. 2 days ago I installed 20.3.1 and black screens appeared even on dx11, in absolutely any game. Reboot helps. It is impossible to play. I did not find a stable driver.

System:
r5 2600 (stock)
gigabyte b450m s2h
gigabyte rx 5700 gaming oc
crucial ballistix sport lt 3400

0 Likes
koszalek
Adept III

I have the same problem with two games with dx11po 20-30 min black screen, with the 3Dmark test with dx11 is crasch, I propose to report this problem to AMD and come back to an older driver
0 Likes