Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Graphics Cards

brunoalves20015
Adept III

RX 5700 XT BLACK SCREEN - I NEED HELP

Hello everyone, everything good ?

Black screens and crashes came back after a few happy days, unfortunately when playing PUBG or sometimes browsing OPERA GX or Google Chrome the mouse starts to crash, and in games the performance is spectacular, but unexpectedly the black screens and computer crashes simply out of nowhere.

Yesterday I did the test removing the rx 5700 xt thicc ii and installing my brother's GTX 1080TI, after changing GPU I formatted the computer and did all the windows installation and updates.
SUMMARY:
All day testing in games and benchmark and no blue screen, crash or black screen.

Ok, Today I switched to my GPU (Rx 5700 XT), formatted the computer one more time and did all the updates, and to my surprise came back the black screens and crashes.
AMD I am completely sad and regretting purchasing the rx 5700 xt thicc ii

1 Solution
Matt_AMD
Community Manager

We have an existing thread on this issue, please use that to provide your feedback and check for status updates. 

https://community.amd.com/thread/243837 

View solution in original post

13 Replies
marcel-azul
Journeyman III

hi i do not have the same graphics card (rx 5700 xt from msi ) but i tried reinstalling the drivers and apparently for me this worked great i dont have anymore problems

0 Likes

bro me i have a rx 570 series it keeps crashing 

0 Likes
Matt_AMD
Community Manager

We have an existing thread on this issue, please use that to provide your feedback and check for status updates. 

https://community.amd.com/thread/243837 

The Thread here seems to no longer exist. Every post that has this sort of issues (in which I have) leads to the same response that you have here. People are saying it worked for them as well, So I would love to get ahold of this thread to solve my current predicament.

Hey -- I'm also experiencing this issue ALOT. Similar story: have installed latest AMD drivers, Windows updates, motherboard has been flashed to latest firmware, etc. This has to be a runtime issue with AMD drivers.

Also, it's super irritating that when anyone that posts about this issue, some white knight keeps redirecting to a thread that doesn't exist (https://community.amd.com/thread/243837). Even worse, their comments are consistently categorized as the 'Solution' without anyone looking over their shotty response.

What's the deal guys? Do we need to bite the bullet and go with NVIDIA going forward?

I'm experiencing something similar over the last 2 weeks. I can be browsing in Edge or Chrome and both browsers will freeze, anything else I have open will function. After a few minutes, the browser window flashes black for a second and then it's useable again.  Chrome became unuseable and Edge was more stable...now Chrome seems to be more stable... I really don't understand.

I have the Radeon 5450. Every time I try to update it always says there's a runtime error and closes the program down.

0 Likes

I just downloaded the uninstall utility and even did it in safemode. The report came up fine except for one entry that said:

Failed Application packages
CIM64

Failed

Can anyone help with this?

0 Likes

can someone add me on discord and help me its kessypoo#2278

0 Likes

Hello,

I am having the same issue: black screen with frequency noise when playing bigger games. I've got an AMD 5700 XT with an AMD R7.  

The issue has been going on for a while now and I've tried lots of suggested fixes but nothing has been working.

Thanks.

0 Likes
kessypoo
Journeyman III

can someone add me on discord and help me please its kessypoo#2278

0 Likes
FlyingFroMonkey
Journeyman III

This is still a problem with no solution!  Getting really tired of searching this out!  Never going to buy Radeon again!  Does anyone have the solution that actually works?  Only seems to black screen while playing games.  

Intel® Core™ i9-9900KF(R0) CPU @ 3.60GHz

Asus ROG STRIX Z390-F GAMING

RAM: 131072 MB

AMD Radeon RX 5700 XT (Navi 10 XT)  AsRock Taichi

Did you ever find a solution?

0 Likes