cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Graphics Cards

jkirkintexas
Adept I

RX 5700 XT Black Ops Cold War low fps

I have a Sapphire Nitro + RX 5700 XT with 32 GB of RAM and a I7-9700F. While others with similar specs are getting around 200 FPS, I am only getting 100 FPS. I have lowered the VRAM usage and that helped with the stuttering I was having but it has not helped with the FPS. Recently I have seen a downtick in performance with DirectX 12 Games. As I have also lost performance in Modern Warfare as well. Any help would be appreciated, thank you stay safe.

0 Likes
2 Solutions

There are lot of fake tests on youtube to beware. People who don't have tested hardware make "tests" and just inflate number, edit graphs, or test similar other hardware. You want to be sure, ask real friends about their FPS. 

View solution in original post

You might want to check out this thread it seems to have some good tips in it. 

https://www.reddit.com/r/radeon/comments/jdf4fc/amd_radeon_rx_5700_xt_black_ops_cold_war/

View solution in original post

8 Replies
rainingtacco
Challenger

What do you mean "others", "similar spec" and their settings? You need to control these variables to have a proper comparison. 

0 Likes

Others being those running a 5700 XT with ryzen 5 3600 or a 10700k, and settings would be ultra or high on everything except VRAM. As that is bugged right now so I have it set to low. My full spec is something I can upload if needed, I can fetch a dxdiag. I also have 32 GB of RAM.

0 Likes

Reset radeon settings[chill], make sure you are in pcie 3.0 mode, check for any image enhancers/vsr or sth like that. Check if monitor hasn't changed refresh rate. Idk what can be a culprit to have 2 times less framerate. 

0 Likes

I  reset and checked monitor refresh rate (made sure it was at my max 144hz) and enhancements and made sure they are turned off. So I will give it a shot and see how it plays, but I just found this video using exactly the same graphics card I own at 1440p getting 100ish fps. Maybe I have been seeing tests with cards that have  been overclocked in game. Here is the video link: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=R-OluPhBuzI&ab_channel=SapphireTechnology

0 Likes

There are lot of fake tests on youtube to beware. People who don't have tested hardware make "tests" and just inflate number, edit graphs, or test similar other hardware. You want to be sure, ask real friends about their FPS. 

I did not think about that, but the sapphire results do seem to match what I have at the same resolution. It might just be a case of people boosting their numbers. Thank you for the advice and help. I gotta remember my cards limitations.

0 Likes

You might want to check out this thread it seems to have some good tips in it. 

https://www.reddit.com/r/radeon/comments/jdf4fc/amd_radeon_rx_5700_xt_black_ops_cold_war/

It did, thank you, I had actually started looking up some of those details from the reddit thread, the memory change helped me with the micro stutter. (hopefully they fix this, it is a released game with this issue, something modern warfare does not have.) And sometimes just lowering the settings from their max has helped.  Ironically I actually wiped and reinstalled my graphics drivers before playing the game the first time. I also verified the game after my first error code. Else than those low frames. It seems to be working well now.