Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Graphics

goosethesecond
Adept III

Re: RX 5700 XT bad perfomance in games

@o1pwer wrote:

I reinstalled windows +- 1 month ago.  There were similar threads even on AMD forums, but they didnt have any answers. Nothing special about Sapphire card

Have you double checked that your RAM XMP profile is on 3000MHz? I ask because everytime we update our BIOS, it resets the settings. 

0 Kudos
o1pwer
Journeyman III

its 100% on xmp, i checked that multiple times. it also shouldnt freeze if its off, it would make no sense

0 Kudos
o1pwer
Journeyman III

I also tried to play RDR 2 and started getting freezes and GPU clock drops, also my hdd is loaded up to 100% when the game freezes. I did a full check of my HDD with Victoria program and it is working fine

0 Kudos
Mysticreach
Adept II

Try different versions of Radeon drivers. The best most stable for me is 20.11.1. Everything after that has given me issues on my 5700. 

Asus B450-I 2700x GSkill Trident Z 16GB 3200 CL16 XFX 5700 DD Ultra
0 Kudos
taskforce131
Elite

@goosethesecond 

this will help never put amd on gaming mode until they fix the drivers 

0 Kudos
o1pwer
Journeyman III

there is no version that works stable for me(

0 Kudos
sfceric64
Adept II

You could try this,

Sounds more like a game specific setting, are you using a freesync compatible monitor and is freesync turned on? Turn it off!

Most games played @ 1080 and some at low setting 1440 dont need it, it's more for higher resolutions and settings.

In your Mobo bios, turn off game mode. Try turning on PBO(not sure the 1600) offers this.

In Adrenaline try turning on, anti-lag and image sharpening(adjust as desired) I usually use 80% or higher.

I dont play either game, so I'm unfamiliar w/ the options w/in game.

GL

0 Kudos
o1pwer
Journeyman III

Hi. My monitor doesnt support Freesync so its off, game modes are off and antilag and sharpening are already on, with them off stuttering is still there. I also get problems in nearly all new games, but the problems are different in every game

0 Kudos
sfceric64
Adept II

Have you reset your shader cache in Adrenaline? I dont think it's your GPU after  all that you've tried.

It may be time to upgrade  your memory to a faster kit, 3600 or 3800 should help but it sounds like you may be bottlenecked there @ 3000. Also, the L3 cache for the AMD 1600/1600x is 16Gb.

Aside from upgrading your CPU, I'm under the impression that your getting the best you can out of your system. Look for a 3600x that should be a good upgrade overall or if you can find one and its not out of your budget a 5600x.

0 Kudos
o1pwer
Journeyman III

Ill definitely get a new Ryzen after i understand why i am getting stutters. They should not happen on my system at all, 1600 is not so powerful but its not single-core Celeron. Its never loaded on 100%. Also i dont understand how the new memory will fix the problem if i have already bought new 3000 mhz kit and it didnt fix anything at all. Oh btw i did reset my shader cache and it didnt help.

0 Kudos