cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Graphics Cards

day_m7
Journeyman III

RX 5700 XT and Witcher 3 DLC (black screen and drivers crashes)

Hello. I purchased a Gigabyte RX 5700 XT Gaming OC 8G. The problem that I encountered appears in the game The Witcher 3 in the DLC "Hearts of Stone" and "Blood and Wine." At some points in the game, on Ultra and high settings, either the monitor turns off (or black screen, but the sound works) (Location: Von Everec Estate), or drivers crashes and throws it to the desktop (going on in the cut scene). At medium settings, everything is going fine, without any sorties. I would like to know if this is a jamb of drivers or a problem in the video card. Has anyone else encountered such problems?

Ryzen 3600 BOX

Asus TUF B450-Plus gaming

Gigabyte RX 5700 XT Gaming OC 8G

SAMSUNG M378A1K43CB2-CTD DDR4 — 8Гб 2666

Be quite System power 9 600W

0 Likes
1 Solution
Matt_AMD
Community Manager

We have an existing thread on this issue which you can use to provide your feedback and track status updates. 

RX 5700 XT Random Black Screens When Gaming 

View solution in original post

0 Likes
5 Replies
robhar
Journeyman III

I have the same problem on the RX 5700 XT Red Devil. The monitor loses signal, but the sounds keep playing.

Problem Event Name: LiveKernelEvent
Code: 144
Parameter 1: 3003
Parameter 2: ffffe08c3282f5b0
Parameter 3: 4001000f
Parameter 4: 0
OS version: 10_0_18362
Service Pack: 0_0
Product: 768_1
OS Version: 10.0.18362.2.0.0.768.101
Locale ID: 2057

0 Likes

I tested that game recently using 19.10.1 and it seems to be working ok. I was testing games for VRAM recently for a page I have spent the last month working on.

0 Likes

Idk about the rest, but the aforementioned foggy Von Everec mansion seems to make my GPU crap its pants after like half a minute.

Sounds like it's a common problem spot. 

0 Likes
akirakani
Journeyman III

I'm using 5700xt pulse, and I think I got through the same problem as you.

when the first time to meet duchess(and some other points), black screen has been shown.

I recommend you to turn back to driver version 19.7.5.

from my understanding, 19.7.5 is the most stable driver so far for the witcher 3.

but after that point you can turn back to 19.10.1 if you want to play other games at the same time.

After the early stage you stuck now, there would be no black screen to the end of the stage.

I'm still enjoying witcher 3 with 19.10.1, but when there is black screen points I roll back to 19.7.5.

after I pass the point I turn back to 19.10.1.

it's very annoying but total 3~4 points from my experiences.

0 Likes
Matt_AMD
Community Manager

We have an existing thread on this issue which you can use to provide your feedback and track status updates. 

RX 5700 XT Random Black Screens When Gaming 

0 Likes