cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Graphics Cards

PhantomUK
Journeyman III

RX 5700 XT & Dell S2721DGF Screen Blanking

I'm having trouble with my GIGABYTE Radeon™ RX 5700 XT GAMING OC 8G card when connected to a Dell S2721DGF monitor.

The screen goes black at irregular intervals. Some days it can go blank 10 times an hour, other days just 3 times a day.

I have three monitors in total, but problem still exists when I unplug them from the card, (The monitor is using DP).

Tried old AMD drivers and new AMD drivers, nothing. Tried the Dell driver for the monitor, nothing.

The power stays on, it's just the screen goes black for a second or two and then comes back. It doesn't just happen with games open, it can happen as soon as I boot onto desktop. Completely random throughout the day.

The monitor is a "AMD FreeSync Premium Pro" monitor, and the AMD software knows that in the options it gives me. The problem doesn't go away with it turned on or off.

Has anyone encountered a similar problem, any advice from people would be appreciated.

Thanks,

Phantom

0 Likes
2 Replies
kahana
Journeyman III

Phantom, 

I'm having the same issues on my current setup. Same as yours only with 1 of the SDF dell monitors. Did you ever generate a solution? I'm wondering if it's the 5700xt and the 165hz dell monitor compatability or if it's something deeper. Let me know, thanks.

Kahana

0 Likes

Hi Kahana,

In the end I contacted Dell and replaced the monitor under warranty, this surprisingly fixed the issue. Not sure if there was a driver comparability issue previously - also worth installing the Dell Display Manager just to check firmware on the monitor.

Hope you get it fixed, Ive not had that issue since I got a new monitor (same model).

0 Likes