Hello, Today I bought a Msi rx 5700 video card and noticed artifacts in Windows, programs and games. They look like strange stripes that appear and literally disappear right away.
What I tried to fix it:
- driver rollback to the old version (did not help).
- update back to the latest version (did not help).
- changed the display port wire to hdmi and back (did not help).
- changed hertz monitor from 75 to 60 and back (did not help).
- reset the monitor (just in case, did not help).
- I changed the resolution in the settings of Windows to 1920x1080 and it HELPED absolutely everywhere!
- artifacts do not exactly depend on the load of the video card.
- most often they were in the interface than in 3D.
My computer: monitor lg 29” 21:9 2560x1080, cpu ryzen 5 2600x, ram 16gb 3000mhz, motherboard gigabyte aorus b450m.
And the last, not very important, but still in minecraft windows 10 edition for some reason, fps is locked for 30+ as if vsync is enabled.
Thank you for your attention, I hope this is a software problem, not a hardware or not?
Just got Sapphire RX 5700 Pulse and have the sam problem - Stripes in menus.
Got new Displayport cable and its the same.
On HDMI there are no stripes and when I turn off Freesync in monitor menu they disapear!
So its Freesync problem; LG ultrawide monitr 2560x1080
Same issue here, with bfv, bf1, the divison 2,origin menu.
LG ultrawide monitor.
display port cable,(i will try hdmi)
already try, new fresh installation of windows, and still
Ultrawide panels are not widely supporting FreeSync etc.
For that reason you should consider using the native refresh rate that the panel provides
OMG, I figured it out. It's the 21:9 aspect ratio for LG UltraWides! If you set it to 1920X1080 there is no problem! This is a driver issue
AMD has known issues with wide aspect panels so patience while they get around to it
Actually, I was able to hack this. If you create a custom resolution w/ either CRU and or within the AMD driver, it fixes the issue. Just make the same native res and reboot. I was able to V-Sync game with-in game. It really works. 5700xt cannot read the Ultrawide monitors correctly. If you don't want to wait go for it.