Hello, Today I bought a Msi rx 5700 video card and noticed artifacts in Windows, programs and games. They look like strange stripes that appear and literally disappear right away.
What I tried to fix it:
- driver rollback to the old version (did not help).
- update back to the latest version (did not help).
- changed the display port wire to hdmi and back (did not help).
- changed hertz monitor from 75 to 60 and back (did not help).
- reset the monitor (just in case, did not help).
- I changed the resolution in the settings of Windows to 1920x1080 and it HELPED absolutely everywhere!
- artifacts do not exactly depend on the load of the video card.
- most often they were in the interface than in 3D.
My computer: monitor lg 29” 21:9 2560x1080, cpu ryzen 5 2600x, ram 16gb 3000mhz, motherboard gigabyte aorus b450m.
And the last, not very important, but still in minecraft windows 10 edition for some reason, fps is locked for 30+ as if vsync is enabled.
Thank you for your attention, I hope this is a software problem, not a hardware or not?
Just got Sapphire RX 5700 Pulse and have the sam problem - Stripes in menus.
Got new Displayport cable and its the same.
On HDMI there are no stripes and when I turn off Freesync in monitor menu they disapear!
So its Freesync problem; LG ultrawide monitr 2560x1080
OMG, I figured it out. It's the 21:9 aspect ratio for LG UltraWides! If you set it to 1920X1080 there is no problem! This is a driver issue
AMD has known issues with wide aspect panels so patience while they get around to it
Actually, I was able to hack this. If you create a custom resolution w/ either CRU and or within the AMD driver, it fixes the issue. Just make the same native res and reboot. I was able to V-Sync game with-in game. It really works. 5700xt cannot read the Ultrawide monitors correctly. If you don't want to wait go for it.