cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Graphics Cards

scooter032
Adept I

RX 5700 Still crashing streamlabs OBS and Apex

Just did DDU uninstall of GPU driver in safe mode, downloaded and installed the new AMD drivers 19.7.2. Still having issues since day one of getting this GPU crashing Apex by itself and also crashing Streamlabs. Any solution for these issues?

31 Replies
playboy1234
Adept I

I got same problem

First of all my sensors freezing, after few minutes there is a freeze of my full system and i can only see a mouse cursor on a black screen and move it

0 Likes

I have the same issue in black ops 4. Drivers are keep crashing, over and over and over again. It's so annoying. I think I'm gonna refund the card on monday and grab RTX 2070/2060 super. Too many problems. I don't remember having any issues with my GTX 1080. I regret I sold it seriously

0 Likes
osirismelb
Adept III

Make sure Freesync is turned off for your monitor as well as VSR.

0 Likes
scooter032
Adept I

Freesync, VSR and Image sharpening are all turned off.

0 Likes

try 19.7.2 as it seems to fix a bunch of problems

0 Likes
scooter032
Adept I

I have done a clean install of 19.7.2 and still have the same issues.

0 Likes

Is VSR on? 

0 Likes
finchmeister08
Journeyman III

i've heard on Reddit the only true way to turn VSR off is to uninstall/reinstall drivers via DDU method. it seems to have worked for me.

0 Likes
scooter032
Adept I

I've done the uninstall/reinstall drivers via DDU method in safe mode. VSR is also turned off. Still having issues with the newest driver.

0 Likes
scooter032
Adept I

VSR is off.

0 Likes
patent122
Adept II

VSR has nothing to do with it. Whole driver is broken. I have this card for 6 day and everyday I have a bunch of driver crashes and this is unfixable  so far. I tried literally everything. Windows reinstall, different windows versions, different drivers, I tried installing only driver without Radeon Settings, I tried with it installed, I tried different options and don't touch wattman at all. Different game settings, windows 7/8 compatible modes, fullscreen optimization disabled/enabled, game DVR disabled, I tried updating everything in my computer I also tried with only game and GPU driver on my PC to see if it works and no it doesn't. Black Ops 4 keep crashing my GPU driver. Dying Light also and both games runs great at 120+fps maxed out but they somehow crash the driver. 6 days spent trying to fix this BS instead of playing the games and actually having fun. Only Metro, Wildlands and BF5 don't have any problems so far and I can actually play them. I didn't pay 400$ to fight with drivers for few hours everyday but to play games lol. I think I'm going to refund this card in monday (5700XT) and grab RTX 2070/2060 Super. Maybe they're slower but atleast I will have stable system and be able to play games...

I have the exact same issue with my 5700 XT and tried everything but still the game (BO4) is stuttering and randomly crashing.

I'm even more pissed off as i had an RTX 2060 which was working great and sold it to get this one.

scooter032
Adept I

I'm in that same boat. I've done everything possible with my PC to make this GPU work without any luck. Tired of not being able to play games!! I'm gonna have to return this GPU for a RTX super.

0 Likes

AMD probably will have a new driver out before long as they are aware of the problems

Current driver has issues with literally everything.. With registry in windows 10, making conflicts, crashing driver in windows 7 when running few GPU applications, crashing with VSR turned ON, random blackscreens and freezes. I don't think this is all fixable with 1 driver

0 Likes

patent122 wrote:

Current driver has issues with literally everything.. With registry in windows 10, making conflicts, crashing driver in windows 7 when running few GPU applications, crashing with VSR turned ON, random blackscreens and freezes. I don't think this is all fixable with 1 driver

I know there are lots of windows bugs to fix too

0 Likes
bigmotif1
Journeyman III

I'm having the same issue, if obs is rendering a scene in apex then it will lead to everything locking up after about 5 minutes of playing. I've tried disabling preview on obs, locking my framerate, upgrading to windows 1903, etc. I didn't have any problems with the radeon vii.

0 Likes

Context: I was trying to stream Apex Legends. And I keep Obs open on the right monitor and all games on the left.

That is exactly what is happening to me. Everything is going great about 5 minutes into it, then my games starts to studder really bad. Then everything flashes black. I have a dual monitor setup right now and when both screens flash, Obs gains graphical issues consisting of black overlays and missing part of the application. I have tried everything under the sun to try to fix this. It's just not Apex either. I tried to stream Minecraft just to see if it was just Apex. But no. Minecraft had a worse studder than Apex.I have yet to find any fixes.

Motherboard: Asus Tuf Gaming X570-Plus Wifi _____ Cpu: Ryzen 5 3600x _____Gpu: radeon 5700 _____Adrenalin Version 19.8.1_____Date:8/19/19

0 Likes

This is also what im experiencing. I hope we get a fix for this. Its so frustrating.

0 Likes
redmob
Journeyman III

I'm also having same issue. I'm on version 19.8.1. Do we have new workarounds since the new drivers does not fix the issue?

0 Likes
scooter032
Adept I

I'm been having this issues since day one. Have not found a work around/solution for this. AMD needs to fix the drivers!!

0 Likes

so no streaming for months now?

0 Likes
rclv
Adept I

This is issue maybe a backward compatible with the old Mobo, here is the thread you can refer to5700xt Crashing 

AMD still not fix it yet.... 

following is the work around(driver only installation) but lost all fancy feature from Radeon controller.

1. Run DDU in safemode, The latest DDU is downloadable using [Official Download] from https://www.wagnardsoft.com/forums/viewtopic.php?f=5&t=2295

2. Before DDU finished and reboot by itself, Remove/disable network (prevent Windows' auto-update kick in) 

3. Restart Windows

4. Right-click Window icon(lower left corner on desktop) -> device manager

5. Updater Display adapter drivers

6. Choose have disk then navigate to the following location then pick C034xxxx

C:\AMD\Win10-64Bit-Radeon-Software-Adrenalin-2019-Edition-19.X.X-xxxxx\Packages\Drivers\Display\WT6A_INF

7. then install the latest drivers

This has no fancy feature but should get 100% uptime for 5700 for now.

Good Luck

0 Likes

Tried the steps. Sad to say I'm still having issues with streamlabs and obs.The application will crash after 3-5 mins of streaming. Game will continue though.

0 Likes

Did you try to down clock the RAM speed?  It might help(finger-cross).

0 Likes

I just tried it now. Obs is still crashing.

0 Likes
araneek
Journeyman III

So.. I'm having exactly the same problem.

Tho, my pc dosen't stutter and freeze any longer.

But i can't stream, streamlabs keeps Crashing some minute in, Obs also crashes after some minutes(30min is tje record for OBS, about 5 min for streamlabs, yaay! It is apex legend im trying to stream. 

Bought this brand new pc for streaming, had it one month now, im very happy, NOT! 

FIX THE ****** DRIVER FOR RX 5700, CANT DO NOTHING PROPERLY.

was nearly going with 2070 super, I really regret, regret, REGRET GOING WITH 5700 XT.

Can't even play cs go with this card. It's like it running 30 fps. 

0 Likes

For those gnashing teeth over early adopter cards, patience, as nVidia user have the same woes.

cards like my HD 7870 are so mature that new drivers are more or less API updates etc

the polaris cards are less of an issue now that developers have had them for a while

0 Likes
redmob
Journeyman III

Is the obs issue still on going on 19.8.2?

0 Likes

Most of the issues that I have had, have been fixed for me since 19.8.2. I have had instances were I do get black flashing screen, but when I restart, it is fixed. I am pleased with the updates.

8-30-19

0 Likes

Cool. I hope obs will now work on mine.

0 Likes