cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Graphics Cards

santo01
Adept I

RX 5700 reference motor whine (not coil whine)

Hi,

I bought reference design RX 5700 (non XT) and it is very nice card. However at some speed I can hear whine/high pitch annoying sound (especially when the blower fan is speeding up/slowing down). I guess it is from motor of the fan. Even at idle (23% fan speed) I can hear it slightly. Anyone else has this problem?

0 Likes
6 Replies
acord
Adept II

RX5700-8G | Graphics Cards | ASUS Global 

i have this card,

what exact card do you have? 

0 Likes

It is ASRock RX 5700 reference card. I have tried 2 of them and both have same issue with whine. It is not very strong noise, but I can hear it.

0 Likes

A couple of Users have opened thread concerning the RX5700 making noises also.

Rx 5700 xt weird buzzing/clicking and game performance 

https://community.amd.com/message/2931353?commentID=2931353#comment-2931353 

In one of the link it mentions that it seems to be related to a certain AMD Driver.

0 Likes

Thanks but my sound issue is different. Not static noise, but whine - some PS4 Pros with Delta fan whine this way (but my is a lot more weaker). Weird thing is on load I can hear air moving (normal) and not this high pitch noise. I played with fan speed and the sound is most intensive between 65-70% fan speed. In games fan speed is about 38%, so no high pitch noise. At low speed (idle 23%) I can hear it faintly.

0 Likes

If you are definite the sound is from the GPU fan motor, Then try cleaning it as best as possible and see if it helps.

Otherwise, I would suggest to open a ASRock Warranty Ticket to see if the GPU card needs to be RMAed or the fan can be replaced under Warranty.

0 Likes

I'm not 100% sure it's the motor. Weird thing is I have tried 2 cards and both have it.

0 Likes