cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Graphics Cards

pcb_peasant
Journeyman III

RX 5700 Out of Range and Crashing

Okay so, I've recently purchased an XFX version of this card and first of all the first card was a DUD LOL But anywho, I was able to update my bios which at first I thought was the source of the problem, drivers as well of course. My main concern is when I turn on my computer.. -__- I seriously have to cross my fingers and hope to Odin that my pc posts and lets me into the windows login screen, sometimes it will skip the boot logo and such and skip to the windows login all while my monitor is displaying an out of range message, or sometimes it will not post with the gpu at all. I know its the drivers as I installed my rx 580 to this no problem. Forgot to mention that it will also crash a lot during gaming..so much that I question my sanity at times...Am I doing something wrong? Could my mobo be the suspect in this My build is as follows:

Ryzen 3600

Thermaltake 650w Bronze PSU

16gb of Geil Spear 2666 RAM

RX 5700 XFX 

Asus TUF B350 Gaming Plus Micro ATX 

A huge thanks beforehand

4 Replies
ostraq
Adept I

Would you feel better if I tell you that you are not alone in this misery?!

I use: Radeon RX 5700, ASUS VX24AH, Ryzen 5 2600, MSI X370 Gaming Pro Carbon, Tested 2 PSU's: CoolerMaster Silent Pro M700 and Thermaltake Smart M850W, 32GB of Team Group's RAM - Vulcan @ 2666MHz (because it can't run on AMD PC @ native speed of 3000MHz. YES on intel's machine it works normally).

Just few days ago I sold my nVidia GTX 1070 which performed flawlessly and got this "pile of disappointment called: RX 5700". Ever since I was not able to fix it up.

First screen turns black, if I played game (Battlefield V) it crashes, then "Out of range" pops up after which I MUST hard reset the PC. Most of the time after restart I can't get even into Windows so I have to use either ancient nvidia card in order to "DDU" drivers then reinstall them or my smartphone with "teamviewer" on it, through which I do the same reinstall procedure. AMD support is non-existent I guess??

All these things re-encourage me to never buy AMD again  !!!

bugzbunny
Adept III

I'm having the same problems here, I'm waiting for the next driver release to determine if landed in known problem.

SPECS:

AMD Ryzen 5 2600

AsRock x470 Gaming K4

4x4 Crucial Ballistix Sport LT

XFX RX 5700 Reference

0 Likes
ostraq
Adept I

Meanwhile... 1. I bought new monitor, 2. updated BIOS and 3. lowered RAM frequency in BIOS . 4. I UNDERVOLTED MY GRAPHICS CARD - which seems to have helped at least with high temperature issue. 5. I also downloaded LATEST AMD driver and (re)installed it with assistance of DDU. 6. I've turned OFF all scaling settings in windows and Radeon Settings (VSR and GPU Scaling)

FINALLY, my system works now.

0 Likes

Turning off features to get a stable system? Might as well buy a cheapo card >:|

0 Likes