cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Graphics Cards

mclingo
Challenger

RX 5700 - Incorrect dynamic range / colour space (elevated blacks) with certain video renderers

I just bought this card to find there is a four month old major bug with Incorrect dynamic range (elevated blacks) with certain video renderers, how has this not yet been fixed, this is a major issue for HTPC users and it may also affect some in game movie playback.

See here

INCORRECT COLOUR SPACE

Microsoft OneDrive - Access files anywhere. Create docs with free Office Online. 

CORRECT COLOUR SPACE

Microsoft OneDrive - Access files anywhere. Create docs with free Office Online. 

0 Likes
6 Replies

Oh yes, I just change change the brightness setting from video's on the radeon setting. But I just watch them, I do not work with this.

0 Likes

thanks for your reply, , thats isnt going to work for some though as it messes with  gamma and doesnt look right, looks terrible on mine. A better workaround is to use a different video renderer like MADVR or MPC as these work fine but this definately needs fixing as the majority of basic HTPC users will be using EVR renderer or standard windows media player which also has this issue, oddly windows 10 films and TV app doesnt have this issue.

i've logged a fault with AMD but as usual no reply.

0 Likes

Yeah it can take a while to get replies,...

You should also send this to your reseller and the subvender of your GPU. As you know the more people that get involved the faster it could be solved hopefully. 

0 Likes
mclingo
Challenger

yeah thats a good idea, althoug this was a used card for me, i'll log it and see what happens.

0 Likes
falita
Adept II

It affects everything, cinematics ingame suffer a lot, banding is visible and some game colors are NOT right, most noticable is Control. Has been a while that we have this problem and AMD doesn't fix it.

Check this:https://community.amd.com/message/2944383 

Created another thread since the cursor color was fixed with the 2020 drivers, but the banding issue continues.

0 Likes
mclingo
Challenger

well done AMD, you did nothing at all to help me with these issues, card has been RMA'd, useless feckless company.

0 Likes