Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Graphics

ubaied93
Adept II

Re: RX 5700 Constant BSOD + other issues

Jump to solution

I thought you got new gpu and says it fine? Anyway. When i tried on intel system it works fine. So my hunches now it is probably something to do with ryzen 3000 or x570.

dirthurt
Adept III

Jump to solution

My issues did go away. 

Now, lucky me, I have this new one. 

I've reported it and talked with AMD about it. 

The drivers are trying to access memory they do not have access to. The fix they offered was too disable the cache on my CPU... Which is an obvious no. 

I'm not gimping my system to stabilize their drivers. 

fedup5700
Journeyman III

Jump to solution

Having most of the issues on my xfx 5700 xt thicc ultra.

Tried most of described "fixes" and nothing works for me...

Bought it through Amazon so probably will return it soon as my patience will run out.

Ryzen 7 1700 (stock clocks)

16gb Corsair Vengeance @ 2400

MSI B350 Gaming Plus (with latest BIOS)

EVGA 750 GQ 80+ Gold

and of course xfx 5700 xt thicc ultra...

Previously having EVGA GTX 970 decided to jump the ship and try AMD, probably the worst move I did.

Can't play any games, Just Cause 4 sometimes work ( mostly crashes after 10 - 30 min but once managed to play for 2h+ without issues) but other than that nothing else do. 

Forza Horizon 4 going in to the main menu and when loading race crashing and going straight to desktop, sometimes crashes on first MS video. Managed only once run benchmark which run for 2 minutes, during that time everything performed well giving on average 146fps in 1080p Ultra.

Videos in YT crashing drivers and having black screen (monitor goes off but pc stays on)

After replacing GTX had a complete disaster with BSOD all the time even when starting windows (critical process died)

Reinstalled windows including all drivers from AMD and at lest now not having BSOD but all other options didn't worked for me.

Tried most of versions of drivers including 19.9.2 same thing happening.

Anything else I could try or just get rid of this disaster card and stick with team green?

Paying over £420 for something that doesn't work is bit too much, also support from AMD is bit a disaster, fixes that are not fixing much and drivers being released every 2 to 3 weeks? complete joke.

0 Likes
phlogios
Adept II

Jump to solution

My issues were initially fixed by not installing the HDMI audio driver, but now I have issues with BSOD when computer wakes up from sleep, INTERNAL POWER ERROR
Also, when I boot the computer, it reboots automatically *once* before reaching the login view, every time. After the reboot, I can log in and play games.

0 Likes
deptec
Adept II

Jump to solution

Just disable the sleep

0 Likes
Matt_AMD
Community Manager
Community Manager

Jump to solution

The issue described in the OP should be resolved by updating to the latest driver here > https://www.amd.com/en/support/graphics/amd-radeon-5700-series/amd-radeon-rx-5700-series/amd-radeon-... 

dirthurt
Adept III

Jump to solution

I found a potential fix for my issue. 24hrs with no bsod but still testing. 

Using a gigabyte ga ab 350 gaming revision 3, turns out there is a compatibility chipset driver that allows ryzen 3000 series to work properly. Noticed there was a pci device that was not recognized under device manager, security/encryption device. This cleared up that issue and at least and seems to have stabilized the system. This driver is not part of the AMD driver chipset suite that comes with the video cards. 

Will report back. 

dirthurt
Adept III

Jump to solution

Another 24 hours and no crashes. Looking good. 

0 Likes
ubaied93
Adept II

Jump to solution

Still having issue running LoL in multiplayer. black screen / radeon setting crash intermittent. the most annoying thing now is radeon setting keep crash, and have to open task manager, kill it, and rerun it back. all this happen at stock ( no oc at all ) cant be bothered to oc it and my 3600 anymore.

ubaied93
Adept II

Jump to solution

2700mhz.png

GPU running @ 2700mhz, doing nothing sitting at desktop with no game open at all. lol. this is insane. And no this is not any aib 3rd party cooler .this is reference bois

0 Likes