Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Graphics

bugzbunny
Adept III

Re: RX 5700 Constant BSOD + other issues

Jump to solution

No, in Wattman. My GPU was running at 80C, to hot for my taste, and the moment I went from automatic to manual. Display Crashed!

0 Likes
bugzbunny
Adept III

Jump to solution

Yeah, just caution, don't manage fan control in wattman while playing a 3D game. :-P

0 Likes
shinkojiro
Miniboss

Jump to solution

Never done that before myself. Always set it ahead of time. I will try it out.

ubaied93
Adept II

Jump to solution

cant be bothered anymore...il send mine maybe tomorrow or another 2 days for rma..drives me nuts. Just a normal LoL games and not OC'ing at all. see my stock MHZ . 2400 LOL

0 Likes
ubaied93
Adept II

Jump to solution

Hi again guys, I was planning to send my sapphire Ref RX 5700XT for RMA maybe tomorrow, but out of curiousity, i bring the gpu to my workplace. I borrowed my dept testing PC just for fun. The spec is
cpu : i5 8500
mobo : asus prime h310m-d
ram : kingston value 2666mhz 4gb
psu : corsair vs550w
ssd : 120gb kingston a400
hdd : external 2tb drive of my game
monitor : new unbox for testing, provided by my DIY dept. acer ed273a 144hz freesync running @ 144hz + freesync on + image sharpening

and my current rig is
cpu : R5 3600 (new) (also having issue when using 2600 )
mobo : ASUS TUF WIFI X570 (new) (also having issue when using b450i itx msi)
ram : 32gb Kingston Hyper X Fury 16x2 ( almost 1 year old, suspected cuplrit, maybe not compatible with mobo, but does appear on QVL list)
psu : silverstone 80+ platinum SFX-L 700w (new)
ssd : 120gb nvme adata xpg gamixx s10 (could be the culprit, the only thing havent change in 3 year)
game drive : 2TB Seagate SSHD firecuda (1 year old)
monitor : my own acer ed273a 144hz freesync running @ 144hz + freesync on + image sharpening

guess what? after few game test runs, No bsod or any bluescreen at all. On the intel system, i could even install full express method of radeon setting which i must skip on my own rig to get it working. Majority says it could be driver issue. Been using driver 19.7.5 till 19.9.2 still had issues unless i did not install radeon setting on my own rig. So WHATS THE ISSUE actually??

0 Likes
bugzbunny
Adept III

Jump to solution

The sad part, you going to have to test each hardware till you get no BSOD. . FYI, I get no BSOD on 19.7.3 and 19.9.2. BTW, when BSOD happens, it might be a good idea to debug minidump with Windebug. I would start with memory, do a passmark memtest before going to work, then when you get home, go to sleep and hopefully it's done by the next day? There's no magic bullet.

0 Likes
bonkic
Journeyman III

Jump to solution

to all ryzen users: 

firstly i got almost exact the same problems as many of you with my 5700 (non-xt), no matter what driver version i chose. constant crashes etc. but to my own surprise the graphics card wasn't the one to blame!

activating amd-v (cpu virtualization) in the bios settings solved all of my problems...at least until now. 

hope this helps for you too!

ubaied93
Adept II

Jump to solution

on or off ? but it is for virtual machines. will test it later

0 Likes
deptec
Adept II

Jump to solution

How do u find that?

0 Likes
dirthurt
Adept III

Jump to solution

Little curious as to how this is supposed to help?

0 Likes