Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Graphics

deptec
Adept II

Re: RX 5700 Constant BSOD + other issues

Jump to solution

I updated from 19.7.5 to 19.9.2 this morning and played borderlands 3 for 5hours without any problems and watched yt. I havent updated my bios at any time or the chipset, only played with fan speed, so it wont get so hot.

Ever since i got the card, i have been having some random Black screens once or twice a day, but it goes back to normal after 1-2sec.

osdevon
Adept II

Jump to solution

Well, while I've stopped getting most, it not all, of the particular problems I was running into before - I don't know whether to chalk it up to updates, or workarounds. I'm on 19.9.2 now (installed cleanly now), and I decided to turn HW Accel back on in Firefox to see what's different.. Got two BSODs in one night, both for "MEMORY_MANAGEMENT" (That's a new one).

Turning it back off has so far helped again, but at the very least performance seems to not be as negatively impacted as it was before. As well, enhanced sync appears to finally be working as intended again! So there's that, but not being able to browse the web or anything with HW acceleration on is still such a very silly thing, and I hope that's fixed soon.

0 Likes
bugzbunny
Adept III

Jump to solution

Have you reported the new problem, with Mini dumps to AMD?

Annotation 2019-09-13 222120.png

So far, encoding and decoding with Cyberlink, no BSOD's atm with 19.9.2.

0 Likes
shinkojiro
Miniboss

Jump to solution

Been playing with 19.9.2 for a bit now with HW accel re-enabled in chrome and Enhanced Sync re-enabled and havent had a single BSOD or system/game crash. I'd say its good to go. Just need the elevated memory clock speed with multi-monitor setups fixed

bugzbunny
Adept III

Jump to solution

Yes, it still needs more polish. I just had a system crash yesterday while playing Ark as soon I enabled fan control.

ubaied93
Adept II

Jump to solution

I only got the gpu to work IF I DID NOT install Radeon Setting. If I install it, still having BSOD and black screen..

shinkojiro
Miniboss

Jump to solution

enabled fan control? in msi afterburner i assume?

0 Likes
deptec
Adept II

Jump to solution

just use the fan control in Wattsman  thats what i do 

0 Likes
shinkojiro
Miniboss

Jump to solution

thats what any sane AMD GPU user would do. editing amd gpu settings with afterburner has been a huge no-go since wattman was introduced.

0 Likes
ktersius
Adept I

Jump to solution

I'd comment but for some reason my posts are staying in "Currently being moderated." For days.

I feel your pain. If you google 5700 XT BSOD you get dozens of pages with people describing the same problem. I have spent days trying to get my system stable and yesterday I took my whole pc to the shop I bought the components from and asked them to have a look. I did not have any other components to swap things out with so it makes it impossible to confirm software vs hardware issue and I suspect thousands of people are in the same boat.

The problem is it can be so many things. I've got a 3000 series CPU and X570 board and there are probably thousands of permutations if you look at all the things people have tried. Another thing that is disheartening is that we are being told do STOP using the GPU by disabling all the features and HW acceleration which to me seems kind of pointless to have it in the first place then.

I've gone on YT and searched for these BSODs and yes there is just one video I found where a user mentions things so it is creating a false sense of stability.

0 Likes