Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Graphics

farns
Adept I

Re: RX 5700 Constant BSOD + other issues

Jump to solution

Install the Drivers without wattman and use Afterburner. Wattman is buggy not the drivers. Btw you can also contact support. When you install the driver click custom, you don't have to install Wattman hope this helps.

0 Likes
deadshot1982
Adept I

Jump to solution

Keep power limit +7 and below ygpu 2100 or less and I've found overlays crash the driver. I keep their voltage and just change the max clock to 2100 and my tetempsre low 70's below 200W.

brunoalves20015
Adept III

Jump to solution
Guys, good night!  The only way it was stable on my XFX Radeon RX 5700 XT THICC2 was to do a clean install from the latest driver version (AMD Radeon Software Adrenalin Edition 19.9.1.) - Detail is not enabled / allowed by Wattman, I simply do not activate Wattman, and use MSI AFTERBURNER to INCREASE MY FAN ROTATION.

pastedImage_3.png

I didn't activate

pastedImage_2.png

0 Likes
brunoalves20015
Adept III

Jump to solution

Guys, good night! The only way it was stable on my XFX Radeon RX 5700 XT THICC2 was to do a clean install from the latest driver version (AMD Radeon Software Adrenalin Edition 19.9.1.) - Detail is not enabled / allowed by Wattman, I simply do not activate Wattman, and use MSI AFTERBURNER to INCREASE MY FAN ROTATION.

pastedImage_1.png

I didn't activate

pastedImage_2.png

shinkojiro
Miniboss

Jump to solution

When turning off my 2nd monitor to get the memory clock to idle down, ive become victim of the PAGE_FAULT or whatnot BSOD when watching youtube vids in chrome with hardware acceleration enabled. this bsod only happens when using only 1 monitor, and can occur any time during playback.

zantsu
Adept III

Jump to solution

Actually it happens all the time when watching YT, i have 2 monitors, and can't watch videos nor play games with any version after 19.8.x

dirthurt
Adept III

Jump to solution

I also have this issue on a brand new card. Personally, I'm convinced the issue is a defective card. If you have to jack the power limit or voltage up, something is wrong. I'm RMAing mine. 

My thinking is the driver works for most, so it's not likely to be a driver issue. Especially after brand new windows installations. 

blindpanic
Adept III

Jump to solution

I'm noticing now that my 5700 reference fan never spins above 29%, even when running at 100% usage for over an hour in a hot room.  Temperatures stay at 90 C but the card throttles.  I'm betting the instability I'm still experiencing is a result of the high temps.

shinkojiro
Miniboss

Jump to solution

One of them does at all times at random, IRQL. For me I havent gotten the Page Fault until I tested having 2nd monitor off.

0 Likes
farns
Adept I

Jump to solution

eh this may or may not be a thing, but I had a fresh windows 7 install with my card, idk why I went to 10 and did not use any third party antivirus until it was fully updated. I know there have been some bad win updates that conflict with major AV like avira avast etc in the last year. it fixed my stuttering and what not. I had someone with 10 tell me something similar. gl btw you can isntall without wattman with custom install, might want to try it while you wait for the RMA. Windows 7 is a giant hassle to reinstall. best of luck. My 5700 non XT runs fine at stock. With wattman not installed I can OC just fine.

0 Likes