Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Graphics

osdevon
Adept II

Re: RX 5700 Constant BSOD + other issues

Jump to solution

I'm trying it now, hope it helps for the time being.

It is a deeply unfortunate side effect of these issues, because I shouldn't ever need to do such a thing.

0 Likes
pokester
MVP

Jump to solution

This has been an ongoing back and forth issue in the drivers for about 2 years now. They get it working an then it is out again. The issue is that they really don't have just one evolution of drivers. They have branches and they come and go again as current drivers. So an issue will get fixed in one branch and still be present in another. I don't get why they do that. 

farns
Adept I

Jump to solution

Turn off FireFox Hardware acceleration. Turn off Enhanced sync.

Run DDU and reinstall your drivers. I would actually uninstall any third party AV and use windows defender during this process. Shields off\ DDU safemode restart\ Install GPU Driver restart\ install windows update restart\ shields on. If that doesn't work and it's not a pain I would completely reinstall windows and do not use a third party AV while until windows fully updates.

0 Likes
philtheagony
Adept I

Jump to solution

so i DDU the graphics driver and im still getting 

random restarts. This makes me think that the drivers are either not the problem or not the only the problem. Does anyone still get crases/random restarts without the adrenaline drivers? 

0 Likes
farns
Adept I

Jump to solution

Turn off FireFox Hardware acceleration. Turn off Enhanced sync.

0 Likes
osdevon
Adept II

Jump to solution

Nope. I have absolutely zero issues without any drivers installed.

0 Likes
philtheagony
Adept I

Jump to solution

Without any drivers meaning the basic graphics drivers from windows?

0 Likes
osdevon
Adept II

Jump to solution

Yes

0 Likes
farns
Adept I

Jump to solution

Turn off enhanced sync, Turn off Hardware acceleration in FF or IE. Update to the new driver, just came out. Uninstall any third party AV, Reboot. And or use DDU reinstall tool in safemode, Reboot. Install the newest driver. Reboot. Then finally if all else fails reinstalls windows and do not install a third party Antivirus until windows is fully updated. Helped me.

0 Likes
zantsu
Adept III

Jump to solution

The problem is the driver, 19.7.1 works fine for me, the only version that NEVER have a BSOD, 19.8.1 constant BSOD, 19.8.2 constant BSOD, you can even force a BSOD by your own.
Just open an YouTube video on some browser with Hardware Acel. active... Instant BSOD, open some x264/h264 video on Windows, instant bsod.

Try to play some game/software that use GPU video decoder/encoder, instant BSOD.

AMD needs to fix this.