cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Graphics Cards

kamalb80
Journeyman III

RX 5700 - can only get 4k on Basic Display Adapter

Turned my PC on today (R5 3600, RX 5700, 16GB RAM, 1TB M.2 SSD, LG 4k/60 monitor) and the highest resolution I can get is 1600x900.

I updated to the latest Adrenalin 20.1.2 but this didn't help (I was on a 19.12.x). Started troubleshooting and noticed that if I uninstall Adrenalin and default back to MS Basic Display Adapter I can get 4k without a problem. Also, my boot screen is in high 4k resolution. It drops to 900p once I get to W10.

Other things I've tried:

- Tried installing the bare driver without Radeon Settings, no 4k

- Tried installing earlier Adrenalin versions (19.11.3 and 19.8.1), no 4k

- Tried uninstalling every driver with AMD Cleanup Utility and reinstalling Adrenalin, no 4k

- Tried uninstalling my LG ULTRA HD driver, no 4k

My GPU is a PowerColor 5700 (non-blower). Not really sure if this is a driver issue or a GPU issue.

Help!

0 Likes
1 Reply
jimandrew412
Journeyman III

Hi there! It sounds like you're having trouble getting your monitor to display at 4k resolution with your PowerColor 5700 GPU. Based on the troubleshooting steps you've taken so far, it's possible that there is an issue with the driver. Have you tried contacting Basic PowerColor or AMD support for further assistance? They may be able to provide more specific troubleshooting steps or suggest a solution to the problem. Best of luck with resolving the issue!

0 Likes