cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Graphics Cards

hurmish
Adept II

RX 5700 Broken or am I experiencing driver issues?

Hi, I purchased a Saphire RX 5700 yesterday and I am having NONE STOP problems with it. Let me explain and point out what

1: Games will crash after about 10 minutes I have tried to following: RE2, Overwatch, World of Warcraft, League of legends (this problem is causing me to lose a lot of LP), Call of Duty Black Ops 4 and Finally I have tried Dawn of war 3 with the same issue. However Benchmarks seem to run fine.

2: If games don't crash, they stutter like crazy. Overwatch will sit at 180FPS however it will stutter to the point where it is unplayable and GPU usage will drop to 0-10% as the stuttering occurs, CPU usage will not change so I do not believe it is a bottleneck. CPU in use is a Ryzen 1700 overclocked to 4.1Ghz  with 3200Mhz DDR4 CL18 Memory.

3: When loading games, Mainly call of duty and league of legends I get errors telling me Direct X is missing or the card does not support Direct X functions. This occurs randomly, and the only way to fix it once it starts is to DDU the drivers, and reinstall them.

4: Whenever I change the fan speed the Screen flickers.

5: Unable to use image sharpening as it just freezes the PC when loading a game.

6: Finally the machine will randomly reboot. When checking event viewer the issue is radeon settings is crashing and was unable to recover resulting in a restart.

Some troubleshooting I have tried.

1: Tested both 19.7.1 and 19.7.2 with the same issues occurring, and I have also tried this on a fresh copy of windows. I am unable to test a different PC as I don't have one spare.

2: Tried undervolting and underclocking and this does not seem to make a difference.

3: I have tried changing settinds in wattman such as, Freesync off and on, DSR off and on, Enhanced sync off and on and nothing seems to resolve the issue.

NONE of these issues were present with my old Vega 56, in fact the Vega 56 was a perfect experience compared to this. I feel extremely cheated that I have just spend £340 on a paperweight at this moment.

PLEASE I NEED SOME HELP!

26 Replies