cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Graphics Cards

hurmish
Adept II

RX 5700 Broken or am I experiencing driver issues?

Hi, I purchased a Saphire RX 5700 yesterday and I am having NONE STOP problems with it. Let me explain and point out what

1: Games will crash after about 10 minutes I have tried to following: RE2, Overwatch, World of Warcraft, League of legends (this problem is causing me to lose a lot of LP), Call of Duty Black Ops 4 and Finally I have tried Dawn of war 3 with the same issue. However Benchmarks seem to run fine.

2: If games don't crash, they stutter like crazy. Overwatch will sit at 180FPS however it will stutter to the point where it is unplayable and GPU usage will drop to 0-10% as the stuttering occurs, CPU usage will not change so I do not believe it is a bottleneck. CPU in use is a Ryzen 1700 overclocked to 4.1Ghz  with 3200Mhz DDR4 CL18 Memory.

3: When loading games, Mainly call of duty and league of legends I get errors telling me Direct X is missing or the card does not support Direct X functions. This occurs randomly, and the only way to fix it once it starts is to DDU the drivers, and reinstall them.

4: Whenever I change the fan speed the Screen flickers.

5: Unable to use image sharpening as it just freezes the PC when loading a game.

6: Finally the machine will randomly reboot. When checking event viewer the issue is radeon settings is crashing and was unable to recover resulting in a restart.

Some troubleshooting I have tried.

1: Tested both 19.7.1 and 19.7.2 with the same issues occurring, and I have also tried this on a fresh copy of windows. I am unable to test a different PC as I don't have one spare.

2: Tried undervolting and underclocking and this does not seem to make a difference.

3: I have tried changing settinds in wattman such as, Freesync off and on, DSR off and on, Enhanced sync off and on and nothing seems to resolve the issue.

NONE of these issues were present with my old Vega 56, in fact the Vega 56 was a perfect experience compared to this. I feel extremely cheated that I have just spend £340 on a paperweight at this moment.

PLEASE I NEED SOME HELP!

26 Replies
vantik
Journeyman III

столкнулся с такой же проблемой! решения нет!

0 Likes
sj-farrell
Adept I

I'm having the same issue. This card is total rubbish and I wish I had upgraded to a 2060 GTX. My old 1060 GTX was perfect for 2 years.

0 Likes
hurmish
Adept II

Update

I have installed the new 19.7.3 driver that came out like an hour ago.

I am not using a HDMI cable instead of a display port cable, and running 120Hz instead of 144Hz.

I have freesync disabled and enhanced sync disabled.

So far, no issues. I will try 144hz later and enhanced sync and see hwat happens.

signex
Adept II

I had to disable Radeon Image Sharpening and Wattman overlay, after installing the new drivers BF5 crashed after 5-10min of playing. Disabling the stuff i mentioned fixed it i think, but BF5 runs in DX11 so RiS isn't even working so it might be the Wattman overlay that crashed the game.

0 Likes
arcanjo_gabriel
Journeyman III

It´s not a card issue, it's a driver issue, i'm having the same probleme with Vega 56.

0 Likes
mainakcrixallis
Adept III

Undervolt your card .. its probably in stock . and boosting itself to oblivion ..  i suggest try 1.056v on 1.9ghz . and an aggro fan curve .. while diabling freesync and enhanced sync . see if this solves .. also . bump powerlimit up by 50%

0 Likes
hurmish
Adept II

Scratch that, now getting constant blue screening and keep getting render device lost. Worst card release I have seen.

0 Likes

Are you on a NVMe drive for your windows install? And are you getting any WHEA 17 errors (Event viewer > under sources is WHEA-Logger)?

0 Likes

Yes NVMe drive, and no WHEA errors anywhere, just radeon settings and kernel power .

0 Likes

My crashes were resolved by moving the nvme to a Sata capable m2 slot, for my X570 (unless on agesa 1.0.0.3ab) the m2 #2 slot is the SATA capable PCIe that’s not on the cpu controller, until we get that update I’m willing to bed by physically moving the nvme to a different spot might fix your issues. I haven’t had a single WHEA 17 since doing so.. though now I have GPU issues again

0 Likes
hurmish
Adept II

Nope this has nothing to do with my NVMe, to be honest I am thinking about returning my Ryzen stuff to Amazon, and returning this crappy rx 5700, AMD are just useless to be honest. Should have gotten a 9700k or something instead of the Ryzen and a RTX 2070 instead of this waste of money. People buy Graphics cards to play games, and it has been like 20 days or something since this card was released. They should have released it in August or something as this is just totally broken. I don't understand how none of the reviewers have came across any of these issues and they all say these cards are amazing.... yeah right.

Same happened to Turing. Just because it's Nvidia it isn't great. And yes. Intel is better  i suggest rma. You have a faulty card. Believe me. I have a xt which I undervolted and it hits 1900 on 1.026v. The sheer power is just nice.  You were unlucky. Stop blaming amd for everything. The GPU market is crap because people literally sold there bolls to Nvidia.   Get it  replaced and if luck shines on  you. You will never be an nvidiot who's chasing light ( cheated rasterization) watch adored TVs Ray tracing video for Nvidia. You will understand

0 Likes

I tell you what. I aint that rich to upgrade everything.  I'm still using my sandy bright 2600k. Intel CPU s are just reliable.  I still have my 6950 which I unlocked to 6970. I'm from India. I use blower I undervolt.  . I run my Navi in same system.  The only artifact my XT gave was when I pushed 950mv on 1.9ghz XD. It was too low. 

0 Likes
hurmish
Adept II

Just played about 2 hours of Resident Evil 2, and ran a firestrike stress test with 99.8%, timespy stress test with 99% also ran furmark for about 45 miniutes with no problem. I dont think the card is faulty as it would not have been able to pass any of those... just seems to be certain games it will crash, and randomy in Windows.

0 Likes

stay positive.  wait for drivers .. they are just broken xD

arcanjo_gabriel
Journeyman III

GUYS, it's a driver probleme, install a old driver. I had done that, and now everything is ok.

0 Likes
hurmish
Adept II

Just to show everyone, this is the stuttering issue I am having, as yo can see the GPU drops to low usage and like 30mhz clock speed

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=NUdiOesteCo

ingwer97
Journeyman III

Hi 

I had similar problems with crashing driver and system etc. 

For a while now I got the system run stable. 

I don't really know how but after the 10th new installation of the new driver 19.7.3 I don't get crashes anymore.

But I have to say I only installed the display driver! No Radeon Settings, No Audio Driver ...

Before I did this I got a BSOD with the same Driver even after a clean windows and driver Installation. 

Sorry for bad English 

0 Likes
he3ck
Adept II

I know I'm late to the party but did you ever find a fix? I've been pretty annoyed that the drivers for this card blow. Would swap to nvidia in a heartbeat but the 2070 is $90 more

0 Likes

Go for it. No use supporting a company who dosent give a crap to all these problems

yahaway
Adept II

I have my m.2 in the top spot. and my bios has been flashed to the most current (7b79v1b). Just had a random reboot while browsing Newegg. Should I try swapping the m.2 to my lower spot?? 

BTW, I just ordered a new msi rx 5700, msi 570 board, and 3600 ryzen

Right now, I'm on a msi rx580, msi 470 board, and 1700 ryzen and average 3 to 10 random crashes per day whether I'm browsing or playing a game.

0 Likes

In your case, yes I would move the m2 drive - go to your spec sheet online, under storage it should say what the slots can handle, my slot 2 handles SATA while slot 1 does not.

Check your event viewer, if you have WHEA17 errors I can almost guarantee you that’s the issue. Since moving I have no more of those errors (was getting 30-80+ a day with random restarts and no BSOD prior)

(Im running X570 Gaming Pro Carbon, Sapphire Blower 5700xt, 3600x)

0 Likes

Thanks for the suggestion but it didn’t apply to my crappy reboots. I only get id 41. Bought a better psu today at Best Buy along with a new surge protector. Should be getting my 570 and 5700 and 3600 from ups sometime tomorrow. One thing I did try earlier this afternoon was I lowered my Ryzen minimal processing limit to 0%. Haven’t had a reboot all day. Hell... I left my pc running on desktop when I left for Best Buy and no reboot...only sleeping.

0 Likes
hiromasa
Journeyman III

First of all, a part of the registry key is damaged and should be repaired.

1)use "regedit".
2)open "HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE / SYSTEM / ControlSet001 / Services / amdkmdag".
3)edit broken key "ChillEnabled" @DWARD "????..." to "0" or "00 00 00 00".
4)restrt Windows.

In my case, many problems have been reduced.

0 Likes

I improperly backed up my registry and that just made my games crash upon starting, didn't do much for me but anyone else should be good to try. Just make sure you aren't making a backup of the wrong folder

0 Likes
bryan93
Adept I

I have the same problem as if I launch a game that my computer restarts for no reason but on Minecraft everything works

0 Likes