cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Graphics

mainakcrixallis
Adept III

Re: RX 5700 Broken or am I experiencing driver issues?

Go for it. No use supporting a company who dosent give a crap to all these problems

yahaway
Adept II

I have my m.2 in the top spot. and my bios has been flashed to the most current (7b79v1b). Just had a random reboot while browsing Newegg. Should I try swapping the m.2 to my lower spot?? 

BTW, I just ordered a new msi rx 5700, msi 570 board, and 3600 ryzen

Right now, I'm on a msi rx580, msi 470 board, and 1700 ryzen and average 3 to 10 random crashes per day whether I'm browsing or playing a game.

0 Likes
scarceloot
Adept III

In your case, yes I would move the m2 drive - go to your spec sheet online, under storage it should say what the slots can handle, my slot 2 handles SATA while slot 1 does not.

Check your event viewer, if you have WHEA17 errors I can almost guarantee you that’s the issue. Since moving I have no more of those errors (was getting 30-80+ a day with random restarts and no BSOD prior)

(Im running X570 Gaming Pro Carbon, Sapphire Blower 5700xt, 3600x)

0 Likes
hiromasa
Journeyman III

First of all, a part of the registry key is damaged and should be repaired.

1)use "regedit".
2)open "HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE / SYSTEM / ControlSet001 / Services / amdkmdag".
3)edit broken key "ChillEnabled" @DWARD "????..." to "0" or "00 00 00 00".
4)restrt Windows.

In my case, many problems have been reduced.

0 Likes
bryan93
Adept I

I have the same problem as if I launch a game that my computer restarts for no reason but on Minecraft everything works

0 Likes
yahaway
Adept II

Thanks for the suggestion but it didn’t apply to my crappy reboots. I only get id 41. Bought a better psu today at Best Buy along with a new surge protector. Should be getting my 570 and 5700 and 3600 from ups sometime tomorrow. One thing I did try earlier this afternoon was I lowered my Ryzen minimal processing limit to 0%. Haven’t had a reboot all day. Hell... I left my pc running on desktop when I left for Best Buy and no reboot...only sleeping.

0 Likes
he3ck
Adept II

I improperly backed up my registry and that just made my games crash upon starting, didn't do much for me but anyone else should be good to try. Just make sure you aren't making a backup of the wrong folder

0 Likes