cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Graphics Cards

benmusic
Journeyman III

Rx 5700 black screen issue

Hello all. I built a new computer and installed an RX 5700 but have been having issues with it. When playing certain games, the signal to the monitor will be lost and I have to restart the computer; the sound continues in the background. It only happens in certain games: The Golf Club, Metro Exodus. In other games, everything works perfectly.

I know that others have had similar issues however it seems as if there have been no reports of it recently. I have updated drivers, it was a fresh install of Windows etc. It doesn't seem that it is due to the GPU overheating as it is running absolutely fine until I get the black screen/no signal.

If anybody has any suggestions, I would be most grateful.

Windows 10 64-bit

Ryzen 7 2700X

MSI B450 Tomahawk MB

ADATA XPG SX8200 1TB M.2 SSD

Team Group Nighthawk - 32GB RAM

Sapphire Radeon RX5700

Corsair CX750W PSU

1 Solution
Matt_AMD
Community Manager

We have an existing thread on this issue which you can use to provide your feedback and track status updates. 

https://community.amd.com/thread/243837 

View solution in original post

0 Likes
8 Replies
matheusmattos
Journeyman III

Olá, 

Estou com o mesmo problema, ao iniciar o PES2020. Na verdade o problema ocorria em outro jogo, o Company of Heroes, ai reverti o driver para uma versão antiga, com isso, funcionou o Company, mas parou de funcionar o PES. E mesmo atualizando o driver, não funciona bem o PES, rola uma partida e para de funcionar de novo o vídeo.

Windows 10 64-bit

Ryzen 7 2700X

Monitor Gamer, AOC, AG322FCX, Preto, LED 32"
Memória Ram Kingston HyperX Fury 16GB 3200MHz DDR4 HX432C18FB/16 Preto
Fonte EVGA 750W 80 Plus Bronze, Semi Modular, PFC Ativo - 110-BQ-0750-V
Placa de Video XFX AMD Radeon RX5700, 8GB, GDDR6 - RX-57XL8MFG6
Placa-mãe Gigabyte B450 Aorus M, AMD AM4, mATX, DDR4

benmusic
Journeyman III

For anybody else with this issue, I finally found advice about changing the PCI-E slot that the GPU is in. I have done that and, for now, everything is working perfectly. I shall update if not but it seems as if this has worked for now at least.

I have an Asus B450 with just 1 PCI-E, so that doesn t work for me.

Hey AMD, we re still waiting for you.

Cheers

0 Likes
renanfraga
Journeyman III

I have the same problem with my Red Devil 5700 XT.

Plz AMD FIX this PROBLEM. At least give us some update about how you re adressing it.

Just hapenned to me twice and trying to start Rise of the tomb raider. Here there is no Overclock or Undervolt.

Ryzen 5 3600

Red Devil XR 5700 XT

Asus B450 Gaming

Windows 10 64 bit

AMD BusinessAMD Server Gurus

0 Likes
theedoek07
Adept I

Having this issue aswell. Got a 5700 XT sapphire nitro +.  Performance is good, but games constantly crashing even on previous driver version. If it's not fixed any time soon i'm returning it for a 2070 super. 

Same here bro. Still haven´t heard from AMD about this issue.

0 Likes

Rolling back to old radeon software version 19.12.1 seems to have fixed the issue. So far I've had 2 crashes in plenty of rounds in battlefield 5. I am not going to blame this fully on the driver as it might have had another cause in my new system.

So for now, until a stable driver version is released, I would suggest all to revert to 19.12.1. At least for battlefield 5 stability. 

0 Likes
Matt_AMD
Community Manager

We have an existing thread on this issue which you can use to provide your feedback and track status updates. 

https://community.amd.com/thread/243837 

0 Likes