cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Graphics Cards

rowotopo
Journeyman III

RX 5700 beeps whe its under load

I've been experiencing some problems with my new XFX RX 5700, it is kinda loud when its under some load, but the thing that worries me the most is this beeping noise when i set my settings to ultra on some games.

For example i was playing rainbow siege on 2k ultra settings and a few seconds after the match started my pc began to make this continous super weird and scary beeping noise. After I instantly shut the game down the beep stopped. I'm almost confident is the gpu since i had an rx 580 and it never did something like that (of course the gaming load was considerably less but still). 

If i could get some answer I would really appreciate it.

0 Likes
3 Replies
guille92h
Adept I

Have you made sure the extra pci connectors are well plugged in to the gpu and that your psu provides enough power to your gpu?

0 Likes
lathaniel
Journeyman III

I had the same issue, it drove me mad. It beeped seemingly randomly, but always under load. I could not understand how it even beeped(I don't have a motherboard speaker, and don't believe the Rx5700xt has one either.) Until it dawned on me, my UPS is too small, I bypassed that and beeps are gone. I'm sure you will find the same thing, given your upgrade is more power hungry. Goodluck

0 Likes

How did you bypass the UPS? I have a 1000w PSU and still getting the beeping. 

0 Likes