cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Graphics

crayraven
Elite

Re: RX 5700 artifacts at 75hz?

Yeah this doesn't work, I've tried it. It think the issue you have is completely  different than what 75hz ultra wide users are experiencing .

0 Likes
aleksh
Adept I

sake
Journeyman III

My RX5700 has arrived yesterday and I have the same issues with the card on my LG 29UM59-P monitor.

I have also tried to  run some games (in this case it's Minecraft) on my 60hz 1080p tv  but it's even more worse on it (picture). 

Games like PUBG, CSGO and R6s are playable but the performance is half than promised.

I can't adjust the hz on  my monitor so I think I will have to return the card the next few days and also buy a RTX card  instead.

I had 3 vegas before and they all had stutters bc. of the drivers I guess. 

My currently builded in GTX 1060 runs fine and the other GTX960 too.

Amd should release drivers which 100% work  otherwise there will be a dark time for their new architecture.

42761d0c-b267-464c-91b5-e3cb4b1b416b.jpg

0 Likes
johnny19734
Adept I

OMG, I figured it out. It's the 21:9 aspect ratio for LG UltraWides! If you set it to 1920X1080 there is no problem! This is a driver issue  

spajdr
Adept III

You tried this?

If you're having trouble with your RX 5700(XT) on your 75Hz try this ! ( and maybe other refresh rat... 

I know you have the UltraWide LCD, but it could still help.

johnny19734
Adept I

Actually, I was able to hack this. If you create a custom resolution w/ either CRU and or within the AMD driver, it fixes the issue. Just make the same native res and HZ then reboot.  I was able to V-Sync game with-in game. It really works. 5700xt cannot read the Ultrawide monitors correctly. If you don't want to wait go for it.

spardasieg
Adept II

Doesn't work for ultrawide, what does work is making a 70hz profile in amd settings, with that freesync works and no halfed v-sync(I set frame limiter to 69fps and get 0 tearing and can leave v-sync off).

My issue with this still is I can't use my full range of 75hz and it limits my color output to 6bit and not 8bit.

That said way better then using 60hz with no freesync.

spardasieg
Adept II

Did you try going into amd settings, setting 70hz custom profile in display and turning freesync on, that fixed it for me artifact wise. Sucks that it won't run at 75 though, also limits my 8 bit screen to 6 bit but it's the best band aid I found yet.

hiromasa
Journeyman III

Correct the Windows 10 registry key.
Changed to "1" by binary editing of DWARD "ChillEnabled" in "HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE / SYSTEM / ControlSet001 / Services / amdkmdag".
I think the horizontal lines and flickering on the screen will be improved.

0 Likes
aleksh
Adept I

Sparda try making an LCD Native profile in cru with less than 75 and see if that works. Try 72 first , then 70. That way you might be able to keep the 8bit.

Btw this is Floross.

0 Likes