cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Graphics

rojek
Adept I

Re: RX 5700 artifacts at 75hz?

19.9.1 - next version of drivers and still no information about freesync and 75hz problems (also occurs on 60hz at 21:9) . When will you post the information about this as official problem with drivers? Or this is a hardware problem and we should return cards at this point?

0 Kudos
davidgabriel
Adept I

driver...

0 Kudos
crayraven
Adept III

I'm willing to bet gpu bios. I say this because the issue exists outside of windows, at least for me.

amdmatt
Community Manager
Community Manager

We were able to reproduce the issue with FreeSync disabled, thanks for bringing this to our attention. We'll work on it and aim to fix it in a future driver. 

spardasieg
Adept II

This worked for me

Source:

RX 5700 + 75Hz Freesync Monitors Band-aid ( YMMV ) : Amd 

Try going to AMD Radeon Settings -> Display -> Click on "+ Create" on the far right of Custom Resolutions -> Click on the Refresh Rate and edit it to 70Hz and save it.

Double check it's at that resolution under Windows settings for it and make sure to run your games at 70hz refresh.

I can now use Aero , Vsync and Freesync without artifacts and no halving of refresh rate. Blackouts when tabbing out of a game are gone too so long as Aero is enabled.

Please do leave a comment if this has helped you.

My monitor is lg24mp59g-p ran via Display Port and I'm on Windows 7 with 19.7.5

flxdrv
Journeyman III

Here's a fix : https://www.reddit.com/r/Amd/comments/d0h74t/issues_with_freesync_on_rx_5700_check_your/ 

Big thanks to u/wsippel who found the issue and workout a fix for it.

So update here, the issue came back after i rebooted the system and could be still be fix the same way.

i've had these aritifacts (horizontal black bars, about 20 pixels wide, across the top part of the screen flickering at random intervals always at the same height) espacially in battlefield one, and when watching youtube videos.

i  have a 75Hz freesync display:iiyama  22 inch flat 16:9 aspect ratio 1920*1080.

When i go down to 60 hz without freesync the flickering is reduce but does not go away. and when i do the fixing guide the flickers goes away completly even at 75Hz with freesync.

I've also tested my setup with a 144Hz dispaly without freesync and i've not seen any artifact during the all session with the same games tested and while watching youtube videos. I was only able to test it for about 3 hours tho.

iggybuggydo
Journeyman III

Hello,

I don't have exactly the same setup as many others in this thread (60hz 2560x1080 display without Freesync), but was able to reproduce the horizontal line artifacts in the CPU test of 3DMark Time Spy.

I'm also having similar issues that others have reported elsewhere such as poor desktop perfomance (broken desktop V-sync?), poor video playback with hardware acceleration in Google Chrome, and V-sync in games setting to half refresh rate instead of full. The last issue I seemed to be able to fix temporarily by setting a custom profile in CRU at 61hz. Setting in game resolution to 1920x1080 also allows V-sync to work properly.

Here's my system information:

ASUS Z170 Maximus Ranger VIII + i5-6600k

19.9.1 + RX 5700

Windows 10 Version 1903

LG 25UM58-P (HDMI, 60hz, 2560x1080)

Hopefully more information can help get to the solution to these issues.

0 Kudos
mangaca
Adept I

My experience the same, i am

really frustated with the rx 5700

cy941205
Journeyman III

YEP,i have this problem too....

0 Kudos
davidgabriel
Adept I

Não se preocupe meu amigo não é só você, AMD nunca mais...

0 Kudos