cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Graphics

crayraven
Adept III

Re: RX 5700 artifacts at 75hz?

Nope the driver didn't fix anything for me either.

spardasieg
Adept II

Seemed to be a driver fix for some small thing, only 1 note in the update, that and GOW5 ready drivers.

No fixes for this stuff.

They need to fix it, seems to be an everyone with these monitors issue

gusmd
Journeyman III

Same here. Received my 5700XT today and started seeing this problem when playing League of Legends. 75Hz FreeSync on. Also appeared on Insurgency Sandstorm, but less noticeable. Also an LG ultrawide. Was about to return the gpu thinking I had a defective unit. Glad I googled it first.

spajdr
Adept III

Nope, having still the issue, also they still didn't acknowledge this issue from what I can see on Known Issues in readme, why even bother to send the report?

pokester
MVP

You should all send in another report for every new version of driver that does not fix or acknowledge the issue. You have no way of knowing what for this latest driver came from. They need to be informed every time. It is the only way you have a voice with AMD, so use it. Yes it is deeply frustrating and seems to be an exercise in futility but it is all you have, if you choose to keep trying with the card.

crayraven
Adept III

The bios can only be accessed by using a hdmi cable. At least for me. I think the reasoning is that it defaults the monitor to 60hz were the display port makes it 75hz. Causing the 5700 xt to lose signal pre windows  boot.

0 Kudos
amdmatt
Community Manager
Community Manager

So far we have not been able to reproduce the display artifacts, here was our test setup. 

Z170 Motherboard + Intel CPU

19.8.2 +5700 XT

Win 10 19H1 

XR382CQK (HDMI/DP @ 75Hz) -- Passed

Forza Horizon 4

Please could anyone who see's display artifacts (lines across the screen) provide the above information along with steps  we can follow to reproduce the issue as perhaps we are missing something in our testing. 

We were able to reproduce the issue with using Vsync and 75HZ displays. 

0 Kudos
crayraven
Adept III

Hey Amdmatt,

I don't think there are any steps to replicating it other than just plugging in the display port and setting it to 75hz. And then playing some games. Here is something I did notice that I've seen no one has mentioned. If you enable VSR and you increase the resolution higher than your native resolution then the problem goes away. And I'm not sure why. The problem is at least for me is I lose a lot of performance in games.

Also, just to note I brought a brand new display port cable, which changed nothing. 

0 Kudos
crayraven
Adept III

Sorry for the late response on this, yes when I have 75hz and freesync enabled I can enable 8 bit color. 

0 Kudos
failcake007
Adept I

Hi amdmatt,

That monitor has a pretty high native resolution, and in my experience it happens when the load on the GPU is a bit lower. Most of us have 2560x1080 displays, so maybe set the resolution down, and retry, in order to take some load off the GPU?

0 Kudos